This super easy roasted parmesan asparagus is a flavorful side dish the whole family will enjoy! All you need is 5 ingredients and 20 minutes.
Super Easy Parmesan Asparagus
We’re absolutely loving the flavor combination of this parmesan asparagus! This easy peasy veggie side comes together with just 5 ingredients, and can be paired with so many meals. We’ll show you how to roast asparagus perfectly every time, and garnish with just the right amount of parmesan.
why you’ll love it
Healthy side dish: parmesan asparagus is a flavorful and healthy side dish.
Quick: roasting this parmesan asparagus will take you just 20 minutes.
Versatile: parmesan asparagus pairs well with so many different mains and proteins!
Parmesan Asparagus Ingredients
- Asparagus: The fresher the better when it comes to asparagus! When buying a bunch of asparagus, look to see that it is hard to the touch and keeps its shape. If asparagus is at all soft or wilted, then it is likely old.
- Olive oil: Olive oil Is our favorite kind of fat to roast vegetables in, but you can also use coconut oil or butter.
- Salt and pepper: We’re keeping things basic with this recipe and using only salt and pepper.
- Parmesan cheese: Because cheese makes everything better. Parmesan is mild in flavor but adds so much to this recipe.
Creamy Asparagus Soup
Love asparagus?! Try our deliciously creamy asparagus soup.
How to Make Parmesan Asparagus
Preheat & Prep asparagus
First preheat oven to 425ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Then, prepare asparagus by snapping off the ends. You can use a knife to cut them off, or just snap them right off.
Toss in Olive oil
Then, place asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss.
Season with Salt & Pepper
Generously season asparagus with salt and pepper and toss again.
Sprinkle with parmesan
Sprinkle on 1/2 of the grated parmesan cheese and toss one more time.
Roast at 425ºF for 8 minutes, and then remove from oven and sprinkle on the remaining parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven for 2-4 more minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears aren and serve with more cracked pepper.
the ideal temperature for roasting asparagus
The higher the temp the better when it comes to asparagus. Why? Well, it’s the secret sauce to getting perfectly cooked asparagus that still has a bit of a crunch to it!
While we prefer to roast our parmesan asparagus at 425ºF, but if you prefer a lower temperature, you’ll need to roast your parmesan asparagus for a bit longer:
- 425ºF for 10 to 12 minutes
- 400ºF for 12 to 14 minutes
- 375ºF for 14 to 16 minutes
Pairings for Parmesan Asparagus
The options are endless for pairing this parmesan asparagus! Here are some of our favorites:
When is asparagus in season?
The asparagus growing season is from February to June, but peaks in April. Lucky for us in the USA, we can get it pretty much year-round.
Should I blanch asparagus before roasting?
There is no need to blanch asparagus before roasting it.
What cheese goes with asparagus?
We love pairing parmesan with asparagus because the salty and nutty flavor of parmesan complements roasted asparagus so well!
Store this parmesan asparagus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
HOW TO REHEAT parmesan ASPARAGUS
Microwave: Place cooked asparagus on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds.
Stove Top: Add about 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet and turn burner to medium/high heat. Sauté cooked asparagus for 3-5 minutes or until warm.
- 1 lb. asparagus we used a thinner-cut asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan separated
- First preheat oven to 425ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, prepare asparagus by snapping off the ends. You can use a knife to cut them off, or just snap them right off.
- Then, place asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss.
- Generously season asparagus with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 of the grated parmesan cheese and toss one more time.
- Roast at 425ºF for 8 minutes*. Then, remove from oven, sprinkle on the remaining parmesan cheese and toss.
- Bake again for 2-4 more minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are.
- Serve with more cracked pepper.