If you’ve grabbed a Starbucks spinach feta wrap while getting your morning coffee you know how delicious they are. Now you can make the Starbucks spinach feta wrap in the comfort of your own home with just a few ingredients.
And? These delicious breakfast wraps make the perfect vegetarian freezer breakfast meal. Learn how to freeze them for later at the bottom of this post.
Copycat Recipe- Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap
Have you ever been standing in line at Starbucks and noticed they make easy to-go breakfast recipes? You probably saw the Starbucks spinach feta wrap. We love the idea of making a homemade version of this feta breakfast wrap with a few additions of our own.
You won’t believe how easy (and delicious) it is to make this spinach feta wrap that is (dare we say) better than the original Starbucks version.
why these wraps rock
- You can’t beat all of the delicious flavors and ingredients in these wraps.
- They are packed with 19 grams of protein per wrap.
- You can make a batch of these spinach feta wraps and freeze them for later.
- These wraps are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast.
Ingredients You Need
- Sun dried tomatoes- one of the key flavor ingredients of this breakfast wrap recipe are these sun dried tomatoes. You want to buy the sun dried tomatoes that are soaking in olive oil, not the sun dried tomatoes that come in the bag.
- Olive oil- this recipe calls for olive oil from the sun dried tomato jar (hence the need for specific sun dried tomatoes). You cook the eggs in a flavorful and delicious olive oil which brings these wraps to the next level (and is why we recommend this oil instead of cooking spray, vegetable oil or canola oil!).
- Fresh spinach- spinach is another key ingredient in these breakfast wraps. We suggest using fresh spinach and cooking it down- it takes no time at all.
- Minced garlic– fresh or jarred garlic will work just fine.
- Egg whites- the Starbucks version of this recipe uses all egg whites. Be sure to whisk the egg whites just until combined.
- Feta cheese- oh baby, the feta cheese adds the salty goodness that you are looking for in this copy cat recipe.
- Italian seasoning- there is a bit of Italian seasoning in the sun dried tomatoes olive oil, but adding a little extra Italian spice is great.
- Salt + Pepper- salt and pepper your eggs to taste.
- Whole wheat tortillas- what kind of tortilla you use is completely up to you. We highly recommend a doughy whole wheat flour tortilla, but as long as the tortilla is 10 inches you’ll be golden.
go ahead and add egg yolks
This recipe is delicious with egg whites and with egg yolks. If you are looking to add a little richness to your omelette add one egg yolk to the egg whites. Whisk to combine.
How to Make the Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap
Whisk the Eggs
Add the egg whites (and egg yolk if using) to a bowl and whisk together until combined. If you only use egg whites, be careful not to over whisk the egg whites. Set the eggs aside for later.
Sauté the tomatoes + Spinach
Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil and then the sun dried tomaotes. Sauté until the olive oil is fragrant. Before adding the spinach, be sure you chop the spinach.
Add the spinach to the pan and toss it with the olive oil and sun dried tomatoes, Sauté until the spinach wilts.
time for the eggs
Using a spatula create about a 10-inch circle with the spinach and tomatoes, creating a bit of a lip on the outside of the circle with spinach. Pour the eggs in the circle.
Cook the eggs for 3-4 minute trying to maintain a circle shape with the eggs, spinach, and tomatoes. Use your spatula and run the spatula under the edges of the egg white omelet to be sure it doesn’t stick to the pan, you will be flipping the eggs.
Tortilla + Flip
Sprinkle the feta over the eggs (even if the egg isn’t fully cooked). Place the tortilla on top of the tortilla. Using a plate or a large spatula, carefully flip the eggs and tortilla over so the tortilla is down in the pan.
The goal here is to toast the outside of the tortilla until it is golden brown.
Let the tortilla heat for 30 seconds and then carefully fold the tortilla.
How to fold the tortilla
Fold the bottom third of the tortilla away from you over the eggs and then the two sides inward creating an open envelope shape with the folded part as the wrap base.
Press on the folded edges of the tortilla for 10-15 seconds while the bottom of the wrap browns.
Finally, carefully flip the wrap over so the folded edges brown (about 1-2 minutes).
Tips + Tricks
How do I make the tortilla crispy?
If you would like the tortilla to be extra crispy add a bit more olive oil to the pan when the wrap is folded. Turn the heat up and put some pressure on top of the wrap.
You can also turn the broiler on in the oven and place the finished wrap into the oven and broil the wraps for 1-2 minutes.
Feel free to add other bite sized veggies to this wrap or even some protein. Below are some great ingredient add-ins.
- diced bell pepper
- caramelized onions
- bacon bits
- breakfast sausage
Ingredient swaps / substitutions
- Fresh spinach –> Fresh baby kale
- Feta –> Crumbled goat cheese or sun-dried tomato cream cheese
- Italian seasoning –> Oregano and thyme
To store these wraps, place the wraps into a large gallon bag or in a large air tight container. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Can I Freeze these Wraps?
YES, we highly recommend making a double batch of these spinach feta wraps and freezing them for later.
- When the wraps are cold, wrap each wrap into wax paper.
- Place each wrap into a large freezer safe bag and date the bag.
- Place the wraps in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat the wraps from frozen, remove the wraps from the freezer and place them in the oven at 325ºF for 15-20 minutes.
Copycat Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap
- 1 tablespoon olive oil from sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped spinach packed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes soaked in oil chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 10-inch whole wheat flour tortilla
- optional: 1 egg yolk
- Place the egg whites* into a bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil from the sun dried tomatoes to the skillet.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add the spinach to the skillet and sauté until it is wilted (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add garlic, sun dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the spinach and toss. Sauté for an additional minute.
- Form a circle with all of the ingredients that is about 10-inches in diameter.
- Pour the whisked egg whites carefully over the spinach mixture and use a spatula to maintain a circular shape with the eggs and ingredients.
- Sprinkle the italian seasoning over the eggs.
- Let the eggs cook for 3-4 minutes and use a spatula to pull the edges up along the edge of the circle to make sure the egg and other ingredients don’t stick to the pan. You will be flipping the egg circle in one piece.
- Sprinkle the feta over the eggs and then place the tortilla on top of the eggs.
- Using a plate or a large spatula, carefully flip the eggs and tortilla over so the tortilla is down in the pan.
- Let the tortilla heat for 30 seconds and then carefully fold the tortilla by folding the bottom third of the tortilla away from you over the eggs and then the two sides inward creating an open envelope shape.
- Press on the folded edges of the tortilla for 10-15 seconds while the bottom of the wrap browns.
- Finally, carefully flip the wrap over so the folded edges brown (about 1-2 minutes).
- Remove the wrap from the pan and enjoy.