A blast from the past for adults and just as delish for kids, these air fryer pizza bagels are where it’s at. They’re cheesy, savory and made with super simple ingredients, making for a delicious meal or easy snack!
Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
Remember when you first had pizza bagels as a kid, and how they rocked your entire world? Well, this pizza bagels recipe is even BETTER.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good pre-made frozen pizza bagel, but it’s nothin’ compared to the homemade heavenly creation we’ve got for you here. The best part? You can customize it to your liking. Make an event out of it, even! Kids LOVE a build-your-own pizza night.
If you like pizza bagels with crispy edges, rich pizza sauce, gooey cheese, and your favorite toppings, then you’re in the right place. I’m salivating just thinking about it!
why you’ll love ’em!
- Kid-Friendly: the kids are not only going to love eating these pizzas but making them too.
- 15-Minute Meal: if you have 15 minutes, then you have time for this!
- Customizable: have fun with your pizza toppings! There are so many different flavors to try.
Pizza Bagel Recipe Ingredients
- Bagels: we used plain bagels, but if you can get your hands on asiago or everything bagels, feel free to use those!
- Pizza sauce: we kept things simple with pizza sauce because that’s what we had on hand, but you can also use marinara sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese: shredded cheese is a must! We’re using mozzarella, but an Italian blend or Parmesan cheese works too.
- Mini pepperoni: our topping of choice is simple — mini pepperonis! But feel free to get creative.
- Italian seasoning: a sprinkle of Italian seasoning gives these pizza bagels an elevated taste.
- Olive oil: olive oil is used to coat your air fryer basket, so your pizza bagels don’t stick!
More Topping Ideas
Don’t love pepperoni? Here are some more topping ideas for your pizza bagels:
- Peppers and onions
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Black olives
- Double the cheese!
Here’s a tip: feeling adventureous and want to make your own pizza sauce? Fit Foodie Finds has an amazinggggg 4-ingredient pizza sauce you can make in no time at all 😀
How to Make Homemade Pizza Bagels
PREHEAT AIR FRYER
Preheat the air fryer to 375℉ and drizzle olive oil in the air fryer.
Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce onto each bagel. Add ¼ cup of cheese, ½ tablespoon of pepperoni, and ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning to each bagel.
Place 2 bagels into the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Continue until all of the bagels are cooked.
SERVE + ENJOY
Serve and enjoy your yummy pizza bagels!
To make these in the oven, place the pizza bagels on a greased baking sheet and bake them at 375℉ for 10-15 minutes.
- We like using mini pepperoni when air frying since the larger pepperoni slices need to be cut into smaller pieces, which can fall off while cooking.
- Be sure to coat your air fryer basket with olive oil before cooking, so the bagels don’t stick.
- Want to make mini pizza bagels? Our Bagel Pizza Bites recipe is essentially the same as this one but uses mini bagels instead!
To store the pizza bagels after they are cooked, let them cool and then store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
To freeze, follow steps 1 and 2 in the recipe card. Then, place the bagel pizzas on a late plate or baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour or until frozen. Once frozen, transfer to a gallon-sized food storage bag for up to 3 months.
To reheat, place the pizza bagels in the air fryer and cook at 400ºF for 4-5 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 plain bagels sliced in half
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese ~1 cup
- 2 oz. mini pepperoni ~2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 375℉ and drizzle olive oil in the air fryer.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce onto each bagel. Add ¼ cup of cheese, ½ tablespoon of pepperoni, and ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning to each bagel.
- Place 2 bagels into the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Continue until all of the bagels are cooked.
- Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- We like using mini pepperoni when air frying. Larger slices that are cut into smaller pieces come off during cooking.
- To make these in the oven, bake at 375℉ for 10-15 minutes.
Add a tablespoon of onions, peppers, or your favorite pizza toppings instead of or in addition to the pepperoni.