This air fryer quesadilla recipe comes together with just 4 ingredients and in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy!
30 Min Meal –> Air Fryer Quesadillas
Is there anything better than a quick and easy dinner idea? You are going to love this air fryer quesadilla recipe.
This meal is made with shredded chicken, salsa, and cheese, making it the ultimate after-school snack or kid dinner. Heck, they could even prepare it themselves!
Why you’ll love it!
- Ready in < 30-Minutes
- Cheesy (duh!)
4 ingredients are all you need in order to make this chicken quesadilla in the air fryer. Let’s check it out!
- Shredded chicken: you can either use shredded or diced chicken. Feel free to use store-bought or make your own shredded chicken.
- Salsa: salsa is used to flavor the chicken — super simple. The spicier your salsa, the spicier the quesadilla will be.
- Shredded cheese: we’re choosing to use shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, but you can also use a Mexican blend, cheddar cheese, or pepper Jack.
- Flour tortilla: we found that flour tortillas work the best when making quesadillas.
Mexican Corn Salad
Serve your air fryer chicken quesadilla with this delicious Mexican street corn salad!
How to Make Quesadilla in Air Fryer
First, combine the shredded chicken with the salsa.
Next, assemble the quesadilla. Lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Then, spread 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture on one side of the tortilla and then top with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Fold the tortilla over and secure it with 4 toothpicks.
Place quesadilla in air fryer and then spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Air fry it at 400ºF for 6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Let the quesadilla cool for a few minutes and then slice and serve with your favorite toppings.
Cheese: skip the protein and use just shredded cheese. We suggest upping the cheese by around 1/2 cup.
Shredded Pork: swap the shredded chicken for a simple shredded pork recipe or even carnitas.
Shredded/Ground Beef: swap the chicken for fall-off-the-bone shredded beef. Heck, you could even use homemade beef taco meat!
Store leftover quesadilla in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat: air fry at 400ºF for 2 minutes.
Air Fryer Quesadilla
- 4 oz. shredded chicken ~1 cup
- ¼ cup salsa or sauce of choice
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- 4 oz. shredded monterey jack ~1 cup
- Sour cream
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF and spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken with your sauce of choice.
- To assemble the quesadillas lay the tortillas onto a flat surface. Spread ½ cup of the chicken mixture on one side of each tortilla. Next add ½ cup of the shredded cheese on top of the chicken. Fold over the tortilla and secure the edges with 4 toothpicks.
- Place the quesadilla in the air fryer and then lightly spray them with nonstick cooking spray. Air fry for 6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- We do not recommend using corn tortillas. We tested this recipe using corn tortillas but they kept falling apart.
- Any melty cheese would work here, but I like Monterey Jack.
- Hamburger or refried black beans can easily be subbed. We would suggest refried beans over regular beans as regular beans would just fall out.