Talk about a delicious crispy chicken nugget recipe. These Parmesan Chicken Nuggets are dipped in egg and then rolled in a flavorful breadcrumb + parmesan mixture and then pan-fried (or baked!) to perfection.
Looking for a kid-friendly dinner idea that the kiddos can help make? Look no further! Make your own homemade chicken nuggets at home, with just a few ingredients.
- chicken breast
- Italian bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (if you’re pan-frying)
What do these parmesan chicken nuggets taste like?
These delish homemade nuggets are savory, cheesy, and mild in spice.
Before choosing a cooking method, you must prepare your chicken nuggets!
- Step 1: Slice chicken into bite-sized chicken nugget pieces. They should be around 1-inch big.
- Step 2: Whisk eggs in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Step 3: Create breading by mixing together parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and spices in a medium bowl.
- Step 4: Prep chicken by dipping each piece into the egg wash and then into the breading. Make sure to fully coat each piece of chicken. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
Today we’re sharing 2 ways to prepare your parmesan chicken nuggets: on the stove-top or in the oven. Check out which is best for you below:
Are you hoping for a crunchy outside and super moist inside? Pan-frying is your best option! Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Once the olive oil is fragrant, transfer nuggets into pan. You’ll likely have to do this in batches.
Let chicken nuggets brown for 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping every two minutes. Repeat until all chicken is cooked and add more olive oil as needed.
Looking for an even easier way to whip up these chicken nuggets? Preheat your oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then place a wire rack on top. Generously spray the wire rack with cooking spray and then transfer chicken nuggets to the rack.
Spray the tops of the chicken nuggets with cooking spray. This will help them brown and crisp up in the oven. Bake at 400ºF for 15 minutes. Option to broil nuggets at the end for 2 minutes for extra crispy baked chicken nuggets.
here’s a tip
Don’t forget to spray the tops of your chicken nuggets with cooking spray before popping them in the oven. This is how you get them nice and crispy.
Dipping Sauce Ideas
Every chicken nugget deserves to be dipped into a boatload of sauce! Here are some favs:
- honey mustard
- bbq sauce
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch “nuggets”
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil (if you’re pan-frying)
- Crack 2 large eggs into a medium bowl and lightly whisk, set aside.
- Add Italian bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, ground pepper, and garlic powder to a medium bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare chicken nuggets by slicing your chicken breast into 1-inch chunks. Then, dip each nugget into the egg wash, completely coating each piece of chicken. Then, dip the nuggets into the bread crumb mixture, coating each side. It’s easiest if you do this one at a time to make sure that the chicken gets fully coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add chicken nuggets to the pan. Fry on each side for 3-4 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes to make sure they don’t burn. You’ll likely fry your chicken nugget in batches, so you may need to add more olive oil.
- Cook until the chicken nuggets are golden brown on the outside and until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Then, place a wire rack on top of your baking sheet and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer each nugget onto the wire rack, spacing them out so they do not touch.
- Generously spray the tops of the chicken nuggets with nonstick cooking spray and then place the baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake at 400ºF for around 15 minutes. Then, for optimal crunchiness, broil on high for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. The internal temperature of the chicken breast should be at least 165ºF.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 282 Sugar: 0 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 8 Fiber: 0 Protein: 35
Keywords: parmesan chicken nuggets