The ultimate creamy taco soup recipe is made with ground beef, bell pepper, corn, Rotel, and cream cheese to make it extra creamy.
Favorite Taco Soup!
Is there anything better than being able to eat a soup with chips? I think not! Our favorite taco soup recipe has all of your favorite taco fixings included along with cream cheese to make thins nice and creamy.
It truly makes for an amazing, hearty meal that the whole family will gobble up. It has ground beef, bell pepper, corn, and Rotel it and let me tell you, it’s kid-approved!
Why you’ll love it!
- Serves a crowd
- Easy to make
- Ground beef: we’re keeping things classic with ground beef, but you could totally use ground chicken or turkey, too.
- Veggies: you’ll need a bell pepper, onion, and a can of Rotel.
- Taco seasoning: taco seasoning keeps the flavors intense and easy. Feel free to make homemade taco seasoning, or buy a packet from the store.
- Beef broth: beef broth compliments the ground beef.
- Cream cheese: cream cheese is what makes this a creamy taco soup recipe!
Make it spicy: feel free to add in a few tablespoons of chopped jalapeño or green chiles to add some heat.
Add more veggies: looking to pack in the veggies? Try adding hominy, black beans, or another bell pepper.
Make it vegetarian: if you’re hoping to keep this vegetarian, you can swap the ground beef for a plant-based ground. We also recommend swapping the beef broth for veggie broth.
If your taco soup is too thin, you can continue to let it simmer on the stovetop so that it reduces the liquid.
We recommend serving your taco soup with tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, and fresh cilantro. You can even add other taco fixings such as sour cream or guacamole to the top.
Yes. Creamy taco soup can be frozen. Just make sure it cools completely before transferring it into an airtight container to freeze for up to 3 months.
Cream cheese is an excellent cheese to melt to many any soup creamy or cheesy.
Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Let your soup cool completely.
- Then, transfer it into an airtight container or gallon-size plastic bag.
- Remove as much air as possible and seal.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Creamy Taco Soup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb. 85% ground beef
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- 10 oz. can Rotel original
- 3 cups beef broth
- 10 oz. bag frozen corn
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Add avocado oil to a Dutch oven and heat over medium/high heat. When the oil is fragrant, add the ground beef and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Then, add the taco seasoning, Rotel, beef broth, and frozen corn to the pot and stir. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese into the pot and mix until it is completely melted in.
- Serve with ¼ cup of cheddar cheese in each bowl + any of your other favorite taco fixings.
Tips & Notes
- This is a one-pan dish. This soup can be served as is or topped with any combination of your favorite taco toppings.
- If you have leftovers, they will separate in the refrigerator. A quick stir before/after reheating will resolve that.