Mac and cheese pizza is a fun fusion between 2 delicious meals. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover mac!
Easy Mac and Cheese Pizza
Is there anything better than pizza and mac and cheese in the same recipe? I think not! Say hello to the most delicious mac and cheese pizza recipe made with a store-bought pizza crust and leftover mac and cheese!
We love semi-homemade recipes like this one because they make for an easy weeknight meal that comes together in no time!
Why you’ll love it!
- Use up leftover mac and cheese!
- Serve it with ranch
- Great leftovers
- Mac and cheese: this recipe calls for cold, cooked mac and cheese. Feel free to use your favorite.
- Cream: heavy cream is used to reheat your macaroni and cheese.
- Pizza crust: feel free to make your own homemade pizza crust or you can buy it premade at the grocery store (what we did).
- Cheddar cheese: we added cheddar to add a sharpness and to compliment the mac and cheese.
- Mozzarella cheese: mozzarella cheese is a mild and classic pizza cheese!
- Bacon: mac and cheese + bacon = love.
- Ranch: we’re suggesting to serve this pizza with ranch and it’s delicious.
What kind of mac and cheese should I use?
We recommend using leftover, cold mac and cheese — but really any kind works! You can always make fresh mac and cheese and then refrigerate it until cold. Here are some options:
- Boxed Mac and Cheese
- White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Best Mac and Cheese
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Velveeta Mac and Cheese
Cheddar Cheese Recipes
Looking for more recipes with cheddar cheese? Check out our cheesy collection of cheddar cheese recipes.
How to Make Mac and Cheese Pizza
Gently Reheat Mac and Cheese
Reheat your mac and cheese for around 3-4 minutes on the stovetop.
Spread Out Pizza Crust
Roll the pizza dough out onto a greased baking sheet. Then, combine butter and Italian seasoning and spread the seasoned butter onto the crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
Sprinkle on the cheeses and then spread out the mac and cheese. Finally, add on the crumbled bacon.
Bake the pizza at 400ºF for 8-10 minutes or until the crust begins to turn golden brown. Serve with ranch dressing.
Store leftover pizza in an airtight container or wrapped in tin foil in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
To reheat: set your oven to high broil and reheat for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
Mac and Cheese Pizza
- 2 cups cold prepared macaroni and cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 store-bought or homemade pizza crust
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese divided (~1 cup)
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese divided (~1 cup)
- 8 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Heat a medium pot over low/medium heat. Add the cold macaroni and cheese and the heavy cream. Gently reheat, about 3 or 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the softened butter and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil onto a baking pan and spread around. Roll the pizza dough onto the baking pan.
- Spread the seasoned butter onto the pizza crust, leaving a ½ inch border along all of the sides.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of shredded cheddar and ½ cup of shredded mozzarella evenly across the top of the pizza.
- Spread the reheated mac and cheese across the top of the cheese and then sprinkle on the remaining cheeses on top of the macaroni.
- Finally, sprinkle on the crumbled bacon across the top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 400ºF.
- Garnish with green onions and ranch dressing before serving.
Tips & Notes
- We used a commercial pizza crust for this recipe. If you use something different, please follow the baking times and temperatures on the packaging.
- Cut up hot dogs can be a fun substitute for bacon. A bit of youth nostalgia.
- This recipe is great to use up leftover mac and cheese. If you need to make fresh mac, make that first and set it aside while preparing the other ingredients.