This Pizza Pull Apart Bread is a family dinner favorite. It’s a semi-homemade dinner ready in 40 minutes!
If you don’t like cheese + bread, I’m not sure we can be friends. JK, but seriously. Cheesy Pizza Pull Apart Bread is a dream dinner and only requires a few ingredients!
Why Make Pizza Pull Apart Bread?
Are you a parent? Single? Live with roommates? All good reasons to make this recipe. Why? Because everyone LOVES it! It’s basically pizza, without having to go through the steps to make and bake pizza dough.
Pizza Pull Apart bread is:
- ready in 30 minutes
- Amazing leftovers
What You Need for Pizza Pull Apart Bread
For this pull apart cheese bread recipe, you need 7 total ingredients. Check it out:
- Sourdough bread: make sure you find a bakery loaf of sourdough, not the pre-sliced kind.
- Butter: need I say more?
- Garlic: you’ll be mixing garlic with melted butter to smother all over the bread. You’re welcome.
- Italian seasoning: every zza deserves some Italian seasoning.
- Pepperoni: pepperoni is an easy add because it’s already pre-cooked and provides the classic pizza flavor.
- Mozzarella cheese: pizza isn’t pizza without the cheese! This recipe calls for mozzarella cheese.
- Marinara sauce (for dipping): to complete the meal, heat up a little marinara sauce for dipping!
How to Make Stuffed Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- Make garlic butter: melt butter and mix it with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Sliced Bread: use a sharp knife to diagonally cut bread into diamond shapes about 1-inch big. Make sure not to cut all the way through. Then, place it in the middle of a tin-foil-covered baking sheet.
- Slather and Stuff Bread: Use a brush to paint on the garlic butter so the whole loaf is covered. Then, stuff the sliced sourdough with shredded cheese and pepperoni slices. Make sure every nook and cranny gets some goodness.
- Bake: Wrap the loaf of bread in the tin foil so that it’s sealed shut. Then bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Dip: Let pull apart bread cool for 5-10 minutes and then enjoy with warm marinara sauce.
Make sure to use a sharp, cerated knife when cutting through the sourdough or you may have trouble cutting!
Other Topping Ideas
Don’t love the idea of pepperoni? Check out some other options below:
- Cheese: Keep it simple with just plain mozzarella cheese.
- Peppers & Onions: sauté up a green pepper and half a medium onion and then sprinkle it on before baking.
- Buffalo Chicken: got leftover buffalo chicken? Use that in place of the pepperoni!
We like to store leftover pull apart bread in the tin foil it was cooked in. You can also transfer into an airtight container or a gallon-size plastic bag.
- 1 round sourdough or Italian loaf, un-sliced
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or italian blend shredded cheese)
- ½ cup marinara sauce for dipping
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF, and cover a baking sheet with tin foil. Make sure to use enough tin foil to be able to wrap your loaf completely.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder and italian seasoning.
- Slice loaf diagonally in both directions into 1-inch sections, creating diamond shapes. Make sure to not cut all the way through the bread, rather leave the bottom crust of the bread unsliced.
- Place loaf in the middle of the tin foil covered baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush butter mixture over the loaf, making sure to brush butter in between slices.
- Stuff shredded cheese in-between each of the slices, making sure to to get cheese in between each slice. Repeat with pepperoni.
- Fold the sides of the tinfoil in towards the sourdough loaf, sealing it shut. Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap tin foil from top of loaf and bake uncovered for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the bread crust is crisp and cheese is completely melted.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before tearing pieces off loaf and dipping into warm marinara sauce. Enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 414 Sugar: 2 Fat: 23 Carbohydrates: 40 Fiber: 4 Protein: 16
Keywords: pull apart bread