Let dinner be a breeze with English Muffin Pizza recipe! This kid-friendly dinner idea is made with toasted English muffins and your favorite pizza toppings.
Simple Dinner Idea
Whether you have kids or not, you are going to love these English Muffin Pizzas! They take any kind of legwork out of making pizza because the English muffins act as the pizza crust.
This simple dinner idea is great for families who have very little time or need to cook for a lot of people at once.
Top your English Muffin Pizzas with your favorite pizza toppings and let’s eat dinner.
Why You’ll Love Them!
Kid-Friendly: the kids are not only going to love eating these pizzas but making them too.
30-Min Meal: if you have 30 minutes, then you have time for this!
Customizable: have fun with your pizza toppings. Use your favorite shredded cheese and pizza toppings.
What You Need for this English Muffin Pizza Recipe
English Muffins: the English muffins act as the pizza crust for this recipe. Feel free to use your favorite brand.
Marinara Sauce: we kept things simple with marinara sauce because that’s what we had on hand, but you can also use pizza sauce.
Cheese: shredded cheese is a must! We’re using an Italian blend, but mozzarella works too.
Pepperoni: our topping of choice is simple- mini pepperonis! Feel free to get creative.
Don’t love pepperoni? Here are some more topping ideas for your mini pizzas!
- Peppers and onions
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Toast English Muffins: place Enlish muffin halves on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Broil on high heat for 2-5 mintues until golden brown.
- Add Sauce: spread the marinara sauce out on top of the English muffins.
- Top: top with shredded cheese and your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake: bake at 375ºF for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve: serve pizzas immediately with fresh basil!
Store the cooled pizzas in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
How to Freeze English Muffin Pizzas
- Toast the English muffins as directed.
- Then, top with marinara sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Place the English muffin pizzas on a baking sheet and insead of baking, freeze thm for 1 hour.
- Once mostly frozen, tightly wrap them with tin foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat: place frozen English muffins onto a baking sheet and then bake at 375ºF for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts and it’s hot.
English Muffin Pizzas
- 4 English muffins sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- ½ cup of mini pepperonis
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 leaves fresh basil roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to broil. Place the English muffin halves onto a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Broil the English muffins for 2-5 minutes until the English muffins just begin to brown. The time under the broiler will vary depending on each oven. You do not want to burn the English muffins.
- Remove the English muffins from the oven and spread around 2 teaspoons of marinara sauce onto each English muffin half.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese on top of the sauce and then evenly spread the pepperonis on top of the shredded cheese. Finally, season with around ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano.
- Change the temperature of the oven to 375ºF and place the english muffin pizza back into the oven and bake them for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and garnish them with fresh basil.
Tips & Notes
- For the Italian blend, feel free to use mozzarella cheese or a mixture of mozzarella, romano, parmesan, and asiago.