Cheddar bacon cream cheese dip is a hot and cheesy dip made with shredded cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, spices, and cream cheese!
This is one of our favorite savory and hot cream cheese dip recipes! Enjoy!
An Ooey-Gooey Cream Cheese Dip!
Looking for a dip recipe to serve a crowd? There is nothing better than this cheddar bacon cream cheese dip.
Whether it’s the cheddar and bacon combination or the cream cheese and Greek yogurt creaminess, this dip is delicious with a baguette or chips. Plus, you can easily make it ahead and heat it up when ready!
What does this cream cheese dip taste like? This dip tastes like a combination of chip dip and cheesy bacon goodness.
Why you’ll love it!
- Serves a crowd
- Easy to make-ahead
- Cream cheese: the basis of this dip is cream cheese! It’s luscious and creamy!
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt lightenings things up a bit and smooths it out.
- Spices: for this dip you need salt, paprika, and garlic powder. Don’t skip the spices!
- Cheddar cheese: a little bit of cheddar is mixed in the dip and sprinkled on top.
- Green onion: bursts of Green onion add so much flavor.
- Bacon: don’t EVER skip the bacon.
How to Make Cream Cheese Dip
Combine the wet ingredients together using a hand mixer. Then, add the spices, 1 cup cheese, bacon, and green onion.
How to soften cream cheese
Looking for a quick method to soften cream cheese? Check out our post – How to Soften Cream Cheese – 4 Ways! Here you’ll learn 4 unique (and quick!) methods to soften cream cheese to the perfect amount for baking and cooking.
Transfer and Add Cheese
Transfer the dip into a serving dish and sprinkle on the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
When you’re ready to eat, bake the cheddar bacon cream cheese dip at 350ºF 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Eat it cold: if you’d like to eat it cold (also delicious): refrigerate for 30 minutes before eating.
Enjoy your cream cheese dip with bread, a toasted baguette, or sturdy potato chips!
To Make Ahead
Hoping to make this dip ahead and heat it up at a later time? You can easily do this 1-2 days in advance.
So, follow the recipe as is, but wait to bake the dip right before you want to eat it.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can easily put a cover on the dish or use plastic wrapand store it that way too!
Cheddar Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 oz. shredded yellow cheddar cheese (~2 cups), divided
- ¼ cup green onion sliced
- 1 cup crumbled bacon 6-8 slices
- Place the cream cheese and Greek yogurt into a bowl. Using a hand mixer whip together at medium/high speed.
- Add the seasonings and mix to combine.
- Next, add 1 cup of cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onion. Mix together using a rubber spatula.
- Place in a serving dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- To eat cold: refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To eat hot: bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes in an oven safe dish.
Tips & Notes
- Make this dip hot by baking for 30 minutes at 350℉ in an oven-safe dish.
- Kick the heat up a notch by adding ¼ cup of pickled jalapenos during step 3.
- Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese could be subbed for cheddar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of this to your burger for an elevated experience.