This Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip is a deliciously savory and cheesy appetizer that is served warm. Make this dip with 6 ingredients in 15 minutes flat!
Chicken Bacon Ranch, But Make It A DIP!
We’ve all heard of a chicken bacon ranch casserole and Subway’s chicken bacon ranch sandwich, but we’re here to share the dip version! Chicken bacon ranch dip brings together these delicious flavors in a super creamy and hearty dip the whole family will enjoy.
why you’ll love it
6 ingredients: all you need for this chicken bacon ranch dip are 6 easy to find ingredients. Plus, we’re recommending a few easy ingredient swaps if you don’t have everything on hand.
One pot: all you need is one pot on the stovetop to make this amazing chicken bacon ranch dip.
Quick appetizer: this recipe comes together in 15 minutes flat!
What You Need for Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip
- Cream cheese: the cream cheese adds creaminess and richness and helps hold this chicken bacon ranch dip together.
- Sour cream: lightens the dip so it isn’t too rich. It also adds a bit of tanginess that helps cut through the richness of the bacon and cheese.
- Ranch seasoning: we’re using Fit Foodie Finds’ Easy Homemade Ranch Seasoning but you can swap it for 2 tablespoons of store-bought ranch dip seasoning if you prefer.
- Shredded cheddar cheese: freshly shredded cheese incorporates much smoother than pre-shredded cheese, but either one will work!
- Shredded chicken: we’re using shredded rotisserie chicken, but any kind of roasted, grilled, or boiled chicken will work. Just make sure it isn’t too heavily seasoned as we want the ranch flavor to be the star of this dip.
- Bacon: pre-cooked bacon or bacon bits are a great shortcut, but you could also cook and crisp your own bacon at home (we have a great recipe for cooking bacon in the oven!). Feel free to do whatever you prefer.
How to soften cream cheese
Looking for a quick method to soften cream cheese? Check out our post – How to Soften Cream Cheese – 4 Ways! Here you’ll learn 4 unique (and quick!) methods to softening cream cheese the perfect amount for baking and cooking.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip
- Start with cream cheese, sour cream and ranch seasoning: In a small saucepan set over medium heat, stir together until well combined.
- Add the chicken and shredded cheese: Stir until the cheese has melted and incorporated into the dip.
- Finally add the bacon: Fold into the dip.
- Season and spice it up: taste the dip and add salt and black pepper, if needed. If you want a spicy dip, stir in a few dashes of hot sauce or a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Serve and top: transfer the dip into a slow cooker and serve on low or serve immediately in a bowl topped with your favorite toppings.
Shredded chicken: We used shredded rotisserie chicken in this recipe, but feel free to use shredded chicken breasts or thighs.
Bacon: Chop up bacon slices for this dip or opt for bacon bits.
Ranch seasoning: this recipe calls for Fit Foodie Finds’ Easy Homemade Ranch Seasoning but you can also use 2 tablespoons of store-bought ranch seasoning instead.
Sour cream: Subbing for Greek yogurt 1:1 will also work.
What to Serve with Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip
- French bread
- Tortilla Chips
Transfer this chicken bacon ranch dip into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip
We recommend reheating this chicken bacon ranch dip just like you cooked it — on the stovetop.
- Transfer it back into a medium saucepan.
- Turn the heat to medium/low and stir as the cheese melts.
- Add a little bit of milk to thin things out.
Microwave Instructions: if you’d like to reheat in the microwave, transfer the chicken bacon ranch dip into a microwave-safe bowl. Add a little milk and microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir and continue microwaving until warm.
Freezing Cheese Dip: because cheese has a difficult time with drastic temperature changes, we do NOT recommend freezing this chicken bacon ranch dip!
- 8-oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Seasoning*
- 1.5 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1.5 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cooked crumbled bacon
- For Garnish: sliced green onion, additional bacon, or a drizzle of ranch dressing
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch seasoning until well combined.
- Add the chicken and shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted and incorporated into the dip.
- Finally add the bacon and mix to combine.
- Season with additional salt and black pepper, if needed. If you want a spicy dip, stir in a few dashes of hot sauce or a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Serve warm, garnished with your favorite toppings.
- Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Tips & Notes
- Ranch seasoning: if you’re using store-bought, we suggest starting with 2 tablespoons and going up from there since there is more salt.
- For a less thick dip: Because of the shredded chicken, this dip is rather thick. For a thinner creamy dip, consider using 1 cup of shredded chicken instead of 1.5 cups.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 365 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 780 Fat: 29 Carbohydrates: 7 Fiber: 3 Protein: 16 Cholesterol: 93
Keywords: chicken bacon ranch dip