Our Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese is made oh so creamy and flavorful with 6 easy ingredients. We slather this delicious alfredo sauce on everything!
Bookmark this, cheese lovers. Our Alfredo sauce recipe is made with cream cheese and is truly is Alfredo sauce perfection.
We elevated our classic alfredo sauce by adding cream cheese and we are obsessed! This is a weekly staple for our family and we love that you only need 6 basic ingredients and your favorite noodle.
“This is seriously the most perfect Alfredo sauce recipe! The whole family loved it.” -Shell
What is in Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese
This Alfredo sauce is made with classic alfredo sauce ingredients such as:
Variations + Substitutions
Swap heavy cream for half-and-half or milk, and consider a reduced-fat cream cheese. You can also use Romano or Pecorino in place of Parmesan. Lastly, add more flavor and incorporate fresh herbs like basil, thyme, or rosemary for added depth of flavor.
What if the cream cheese looks clumpy?
When you add the cream cheese to the butter, it may start to look curdled but don’t worry — just keep mixing, and it will cream perfectly!
Why do I need parmesan cheese?
Parmesan cheese adds great saltiness and nuttiness to the Alfredo sauce. It truly is the perfect cheese complement to the cream cheese in this sauce.
Do I need heavy cream?
Heavy cream adds richness to the Alfredo sauce, and because of that, we deem is as absolutely necessary. Make sure to use heavy cream, not milk, or your sauce will become too thin.
Can I use water instead of chicken broth?
Chicken stock adds a ton of flavor to this Alfredo sauce, but also helps thin it! Feel free to swap vegetable stock for a vegetarian option if you’d like.
Storing Alfredo Sauce
Let your Alfredo sauce cool completely. Then, transfer it into an air-tight container and seal. Store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
To reheat: Transfer chilled Alfredo sauce into a large frying pan. Add a few tablespoons of chicken broth and reheat over medium/low heat until warm. Reheating this Alfredo sauce low and slow will help prevent any changes in texture as you reheat.
How to Serve Alfredo Sauce
This Alfredo sauce is the perfect base for any Alfredo dish, like:
Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1.5 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the butter has fully melted (approx. 2 minutes).
- Next, add the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese has melted (approx. 2 minutes).
- Slowly add the heavy cream followed by the chicken stock, stirring constantly as you add.
- Next, add the parmesan cheese and whisk the sauce until it becomes smooth and creamy (approx. 1 minute.
- If serving with pasta, remove the pasta directly from the boiling water and place pasta into the sauce, making sure to reserve the pasta water. Toss with the pasta and add ¼ cup of pasta water as needed if the sauce becomes too thick. Garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.