Have a crepe craving? This cream cheese crepe filling is super simple and will turn your basic crepe recipe into dessert gold.
Whipped cream cheese is mixed with heavy cream and powdered sugar to make the type of filling worth raving about.
Many think that the crepe itself is what makes or breaks a crepe, but little do they know that the filling is actually the star of the show! We’ve simplified this recipe as much as possible so that you can whip up a batch of crepes in a jiffy.
The cream cheese mixture is topped with fresh-cut strawberries and mint to make this creamy crepe filling delicious and irresistible. Pair it with our strawberries and cream crepes for the perfect crepe experience 😀
Cream Cheese Crepe Filling Ingredients
- Cream cheese: a staple for crepe filling, cream cheese makes this filling super rich and decadent.
- Heavy whipping cream: this is what makes the crepe filling smooth and creamy.
- Powdered sugar: a classic sweetener for crepes. Don’t skip it!
- Salt: salt cuts into the sweet and enhances all the great flavors.
- Strawberries: we love how this recipe tastes with strawberries. Feel free to use whatever fresh fruit you like!
- Fresh mint: mint as a garnish takes this cream cheese crepe filling to the next level.
Fun Ingredient Swaps & Additions
The best part about this easy crepe filling is that you can pair it with all sorts of sweet ingredients to make the crepe of your dreams. Here are some other ideas that you might like to try:
Strawberries: Other sweet berries like blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries could be used instead of strawberries. But any of your favorite fruits will do!
Mint: Not a fan of mint? Feel free to omit it. You can always garnish with spices instead, like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom.
Sweeteners: Other sweeteners like maple syrup or honey would taste fantastic with this crepe filling too!
Chocolate: If you’re a chocolate lover, try adding some Nutella or chocolate chips to the filling for an extra sweet twist.
Nuts: Give the crepes a crunch with some chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans.
Try our Delicious Strawberry Crepes Recipe
This sweet crepe filling comes straight from our Strawberry Crepes recipe! The combination of juicy strawberries and sweet cream cheese filling is folded into a soft and chewy crepe that is cooked to a light, crispy perfection.
Whether you’re making it for Mom on Mother’s Day or serving it up to your brunch buddies, this great recipe is always a crowd-pleaser. And with just a few simple steps, you can have strawberry crepes ready in no time flat!
How to soften cream cheese
Looking for a quick method to soften cream cheese? Check out our post – How to Soften Cream Cheese – 4 Ways! Here you’ll learn 4 unique (and quick!) methods to soften cream cheese to the perfect amount for baking and cooking.
What is crepe filling made of?
When it comes to dessert crepes, most are made with a combination of cream cheese, cream, powdered sugar, flavorings, and sometimes fruit. However, there are plenty of ways to enjoy crepes — so feel free to experiment and get creative with your own fillings.
Savory crepes, for example, often contain eggs, ham, cheese, and vegetables. You could even try a combination of savory and sweet ingredients to make something truly unique!
How do the French serve crepes?
In France, the classic way to enjoy crepes is sweet. They’ll usually lay out an array of tasty toppings to go with your crepe: honey, jam, chocolate spread, chestnut paste, and whipped cream are common favorites. Everyone serves themselves and makes their own tasty creation!
Do I need to use cream cheese to make crepe filling?
No, it’s not 100% necessary. You can definitely get away with using other types of ingredients to make your crepe filling. For example, if you’re looking for a vegan option, a nut butter-based filling is both creamy and delicious.
Or, if you want something lighter, try mixing yogurt into some whipped cream and adding in whatever toppings you’d like. Crepes are super versatile, so that you can get away with almost anything!
Have leftover cream cheese crepe filling? Simply place it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Strawberries and cream crepes: You’re going to fall head over heels for these strawberry crepes! Made with a sweet strawberry cream cheese filling and cooked to golden brown perfection.
This simple cheese omelette recipe is oh so fluffy and perfectly cheesy! Serve with crepes, and breakfast is served.
Say goodbye to dry scrambled eggs and hello to these goat cheese soft scrambled eggs for a savory pairing for these crepes.
Cream Cheese Crepe Filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- Prepare the filling. Add all of the ingredients, except the strawberries, to a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until the cream has thickened and the filling is light and fluffy.
- Follow instructions to desired crepe recipe.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and mint. Serve Immediately.
Tips & Notes
- We love to pair this cream cheese crepe filling with our strawberries and cream crepes, but feel free to pair with the crepe recipe of your choice.