Whip up a batch of these Air Fryer Pasta Chips — they’re made with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and are the perfect vessel for a cheesy dip!
Pasta Chips = Ultimate Dip Scooper
We’re sure you’ve seen the viral trend of Pasta Chips on TikTok and Instagram. Well, we’re taking things up a notch and using lasagna noodles with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to make these the ultimate dip scooper!
We were skeptical about pasta chips at first, but the truth is, we can’t stop eating them now.
These air fryer pasta chips come out crunchy, satisfying, and extra cheesy all thanks to grated parmesan cheese.
What are pasta chips?
Pasta chips are made from air frying cooked noodles until they become crunchy like chips. They’re typically eaten with marinara sauce or any other kind of dip.
What You Need
- Lasagna noodles: this recipe calls for cooked noodles and we’re using lasagna noodles becuase they’re great for scooping!
- Olive oil: olive oil is used to get the pasta chips nice and crispy. You can also try using olive oil spray instead.
- Grated parmesan cheese:
- Spices: for these pasta chips, you’ll need classic Italian spices such as thyme, rosemary, basil, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Salt: every chip deserves some salt!
Can I use any kind of noodle?
Any kind of cooked noodle will work for this recipe. Just keep your eye on cook time so you don’t burn them knowing they’ll be a slightly different size than the lasagna noodles.
Follow the instructions on the back of your pasta box and cook your lasagna noodles until they’re al dente.
Strain and Dry Pasta
Strain noodles under cold water and then pat them dry with a paper towel. Then, drizzle them with olive oil so they don’t stick together.
Use a pair of kitchen shears to cut the noodles into 2-inch chunks. You can also use a knife.
Toss the pasta with the spices and parmesan cheese until evenly coated.
Air Fry Pasta Chips
Layer your air fryer basket with the sliced noodles. It’s okay if they’re slightly overlapping, but don’t overcrowd them too much because you’ll be cooking these in batches.
Cook pasta chips in air fryer at 400ºF for 5 minutes. Then, shake the air fryer and cook for about another 3 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
While we kept things super simple with some dried herbs and grated parmesan cheese, you can absolutely make these your own with any seasoning you have on hand.
Parmesan Cheese Recipes
Love parmesan cheese? Check out some of our very best recipes featuring parmesan cheese!
Marinara Sauce: keep things simple as we did with a homemade marinara sauce. Store-bought works too!
Dips: pasta chips are truly the ultimate dip scooper. Try these with:
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles to the boiling water. Stir the lasagna noodles around so they do not stick together.
- Cook the lasagna noodles until they are al dente. Strain the pasta and rinse them with cold water.
- Lay the cooked lasagna noodles out onto a paper towel and pat them dry. Drizzle the noodles with olive oil so they don’t stick to the paper towel and set them aside.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF and spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, add the parmesan, thyme, rosemary, basil, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Use kitchen shears to cut the lasagna noodles into 2-inch pieces. Then, add the lasagna noodles into the bowl with the cheese and spices.
- Toss the noodles together with the cheese and spices until coated.
- Layer the air fryer basket with the noodle pieces. It’s okay if they are touching and slightly overlapping as you’ll be cooking these in 3 to 4 batches. Drizzle the noodles with ½ tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook the lasagna noodles for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, shake the air fryer basket to mix the noodles around and then cook the noodles for another 3 minutes. If the noodles are golden brown, they are done. If your noodles are still a pale beige color, cook the noodles 1 minute at a time until they turn into golden brown chips.
- Remove the noodles from the basket and repeat steps 8-9 until all of the noodles are cooked. How many batches are needed varies depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Serve the lasagna pasta noodles with this lasagna dip or any other dip of your choice.
Tips & Notes
- You can use other dried pasta in place of the lasagna noodles. We recommend using 2-3 cups of rigatoni or bowtie pasta.