This Velveeta cheese dip is packed with flavor from fresh pico de Gallo and chorizo sausage, making it the ultimate game-day dip.
Best Velveeta Cheese Dip!
If you’re a sports person, you need this Velveeta cheese dip in your back pocket at all times. Made with just 6 ingredients, it’s uber cheesy, slightly spicy, and so delicious with chips.
Our classic Velveeta cheese dip is made with 16 oz. Velveeta cheese, chorizo, pic de Gallo, and sour cream for the ultimate cheese dip experience.
Why you’ll love it!
- Perfect for sharing
- So cheesy
Velveeta cheese: Velveeta cheese typically comes in brick form. You need 16 oz.
Chorizo: chorizo is a type of pork sausage that will add so much flavor and texture.
Pico de Gallo: instead of buying tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, etc., we’re keeping things simple by just using pico de gallo.
Sour cream: sour cream enhances the creaminess.
Velveeta Cheese Sauce
Our Ultimate Velveeta Cheese Sauce is oh so creamy and flavorful and made with easy ingredients. Pair with your favorite pasta, and enjoy!
How to Make Velveeta Cheese Dip with Chorizo
Cook the chorizo sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once fully cooked, discard any excess fat.
Add Velveeta and other ingredients
Add the Velveeta cheese cubes into the chorizo and mix until melted. Then, add the rest of the ingredients and mix again.
Serve the dip immediately right from the pan or transfer into a serving dish.
Serving this dip at a party?
If you plan to serve this dip at a party or have it out for a longer period of time, we recommend transferring it into a crock pot and keeping it on low so that it doesn’t get too thick.
Dip too thick?
This dip is meant to be thick. But, if it’s too thick for your liking, you can add a few tablespoons of whole milk to thin things out.
PS: as the dip sits out, it will continue to get thicker. So, you can always throw it back on the burner to loosen it up again.
Swap the pico: don’t have pico de Gallo? Simply swap it for some salsa.
Use a different meat: not big into chorizo sausage? Feel free to use ground beef instead or no meat at all.
Add some heat: looking to make things extra spicy? Add minced jalapeño, green chiles, or use a spicy pico de gallo.
Store leftover Velveeta cheese dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat: transfer the dip into a small saucepan and add a few tablespoons of whole milk. Reheat over medium heat until melty and delicious.
Velveeta Cheese Dip
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 lb. ground chorizo
- 16 oz. original Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo ~about 8 oz.
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add the avocado oil. Once the oil has warmed up, add the chorizo to the skillet. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the chorizo is fully cooked through. Drain the oil from the chorizo and return to the skillet.
- Return the skillet to the stove over low/medium heat. Add the Velveeta to the pan and cook until the Velveeta melts. Next, fold in the pico de gallo, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with chips, vegetables, crackers, or whatever your heart desires.
Tips & Notes
- This dip is THICK! To thin it out add more pico with the juices, taco sauce, or a few tablespoons of whole milk.
- Serving this Velveeta cheese dip at a party? We recommend transferring it into a crockpot and keeping it on low during the duration of the time it is sitting out to prevent it from thickening too much.
- Pico typically has onions and cilantro in it. Salsa can be subbed for pico, but we would suggest an increase in the fresh cilantro from ½ cup to 1 cup.
- This dip would also be a great base for a burrito.