This 6-ingredient homemade cheese spread comes together in 15 minutes flat. You’ll absolutely love the creamy texture and flavor.
The BEST Homemade Cheese Spread
If you’re from the midwest, you know a good Kaukana or Merkts cheese spread when you see one at a get-together, and this truly is the homemade version. You’re going to absolutely love this homemade cheese spread that packs a ton of cheesy flavor and is ready to dippity dip and enjoy in no time.
why you’ll love it!
6 ingredients: this homemade cheese spread packs allll the cheesy flavor, but only requires 6 ingredients — 3 of which are CHEESE 😀
No bake: all you need is a food processor or blender to make this homemade cheese spread.
Quick appetizer: looking to whip up a quick app?! This is it! Make it in under 15 minutes, and then let it chill for 30 minutes, and it’s ready to enjoy.
Homemade Cheese Spread Ingredients
This homemade cheese spread comes together in 6 easy to find ingredients — including THREE varieties of cheese! You’ll need:
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cream cheese
- Half and half
- Kosher salt
How to Make Homemade Cheese Spread
This homemade cheese spread is as easy as 1-2-3-4! And requires ZERO baking. Let’s make it:
Blend Cheese & Seasoning
Place all of the cheeses and seasonings into a food processor or a blender, and blend for 1 minute. Take the lid off and use a spatula to scrape down the sides.
Add half & half
Pour the half and half into the cheese mixture and blend for 1-2 more minutes or until the cheese spread is completely smooth.
Scrape the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up the dip.
Serve & enjoy
Serve with your favorite crackers and vegetables. We’re making some recommendations below 😀
How to Serve Homemade Cheese Spread
Dip whatever your little cheese-loving heart desires into this homemade cheese Spread. We love:
- Spread on a sandwich
- French bread
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced cucumber
Homemade Cheese Spread FAQs
Cheese spread is typically made by blending 1 or more varieties of cheese with other ingredients to make a creamy cheese spread.
When you don’t heat cheese, you can blend almost any variety to spreadable perfection by adding a bit of liquid (whether that’s water, milk or cream).
We’re putting 3 varieties of cheese, half and half and a few seasonings in our cheese spread that results in a creamy cheese spread with delicious flavor.
Store leftover cheese Spread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You may need to stir it before serving the 2nd or 3rd time.
Homemade Cheese Spread
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese ~2 cups
- 4 oz. Shredded pepper jack cheese ~1 cup
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place all of the cheeses and seasonings into a food processor or a blender that has a mini tamper (mixing stick).
- Blend for 1 minute. Take the lid off and use a spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Pour the half and half into the cheese mixture and blend for 1-2 more minutes or until the cheese spread is completely smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and vegetables.
Tips & Notes
- This is a great recipe to change up. The pepper jack is not spicy at all, but more cheddar or monterey jack could be subbed.
- Take the cheese out of the fridge and let sit for 10 minutes before serving so that it softens a bit.
- We used freshly shredded cheese in this recipe. Pre-shredded cheese will do the trick, but shredding at home adds to the creaminess.
- We used a blender for this recipe, just need a little extra tamper work while blending. Still comes out smooth as ever.
- If the spread is too thick, add up to ¼ cup more of the half and half.