You’re going to fall head over heels for these strawberry crepes! Made with a sweet strawberry cream cheese filling and cooked to golden brown perfection.
Yummy Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes
Strawberries and cream… what a dream! But dream no longer, because this easy crepe recipe is a dream come true. The combination of juicy strawberries and sweet cream cheese filling is folded into a soft and chewy crepe that is cooked to a light, crispy perfection.
Serve it at your family breakfast table, for Mother’s Day, or for a weekend brunch gathering with the pals. No matter where or when you make it, know that it’ll be a huge hit!
why you’ll love ’em!
- An effortless recipe that’ll be ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
- The delicious creme filling combined with fresh strawberries is truly next level!
- Easy to customize and make it your own!
Made with Simple Ingredients
FOR THE CREPES
- All-purpose flour: flour helps get these crepes nice and fluffy.
- Sugar: sugar is a must-have in crepe batter! It adds the perfect touch of sweetness.
- Salt: salt helps balance out the sweetness and elevates all the other flavors.
- Eggs: we used two large eggs and 1 large egg white for the batter.
- Butter: make sure your butter is unsalted, melted, and cooled before mixing!
FOR THE FILLING
- Cream cheese: cream cheese creates a creamy, tangy filling that compliments the strawberries so well!
- Heavy whipping cream: heavy whipping cream gives this filling a richer, creamier taste.
- Powdered sugar: there’s nothing like powdered sugar to give you that little extra sweetness!
- Salt: salt is used again to balance out the sweet and bring all the other flavors to life.
- Strawberries: you’ll need about two cups of sliced strawberries for this recipe.
- Fresh mint: mint makes for a tasty garnish that really elevates the flavor of these strawberry crepes.
How to Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes
Add all of the ingredients, except the strawberries, to a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until the cream has thickened and the filling is light and fluffy. Set aside.
MAKE CREPE BATTER
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt. Then add the remaining crepe ingredients to the bowl.
Whisk together until everything is well blended. It should have the consistency of a thin pancake batter.
Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the crepe batter into the pan. Pick the pan up and slowly swirl the pan around so that the batter spreads evenly, making the crepe larger.
Cook for 1 minute, flip, and cook for another 20-30 seconds. Set on a plate. Continue until you have made all of the crepes.
Next, spread ¼ cup of the filling into the middle of each crepe. Spoon ¼ cup of strawberries on top of the filling and fold the crepe in half.
GARNISH, SERVE + ENJOY
Garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately. Enjoy your delicious crepes!
Top Tips for the Perfect Crepe
- Get a nonstick pan with a heavy bottom so that your crepes are cooked perfectly without the hassle of them sticking.
- Allow your pan to heat up slowly. Heating it too quickly will result in a burnt crepe.
- Check that your pan is hot enough before adding the crepe batter. Adding it too soon may cause the batter to stick to the pan.
- Don’t flip your crepes too early! It’ll be ready to flip when the crepe surface is no longer shiny, and the edges begin to brown.
More Sweet Crepe Filling Ideas
The best part about crepes is that you can easily switch up the type of filling and customize them into your own delicious creation.
Here are some of our favorite delicious fillings that are perfect for making dessert crepes:
- Cottage cheese + strawberries or peaches
- Custard + fresh fruit
- Vanilla ice cream with caramel + chocolate
- Bananas + Nutella
- Mousse + your favorite fruits
- Fresh lemon juice + powdered sugar
- Greek yogurt + fresh berries
First, allow your crepes to cool completely. Then store your leftover crepes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I Freeze Crepes?
Yes! To prevent your crepes from sticking together, layer parchment or wax paper in between each crepe and place them in a Ziploc bag.
Store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. You can either reheat them in a skillet or place them in the microwave.
Strawberries and Cream Crepes
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- Prepare the filling. Add all of the ingredients, except the strawberries and mint, to a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until the cream has thickened and the filling is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Prepare the crepe batter. Add the flour, sugar, and salt to a large bowl and mix them. Then, add the rest of the ingredients for the crepes to the bowl. Whisk together until everything is well blended. It should have the consistency of a thin pancake batter. Set aside.
- Make the crepes. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the crepe batter into the pan. Pick the pan up and slowly swirl the pan around so that the batter spreads evenly making the crepe larger. Cook for 1 minute, flip, and cook for another 20-30 seconds. Set on a plate. Continue until you have made all of the crepes.
- To assemble the crepes spread ¼ cup of the filling into the middle of each crepe. Spoon ¼ cup of strawberries on top of the filling and fold the crepe in half.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately.