It’s a pancake morning over here! Whip up a batch of these ricotta pancakes and top them with fresh fruit and maple syrup for an extra special start to your day.
Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes
These ricotta pancakes are a delicious start to any day! The not-so-secret ingredient of ricotta cheese gives these pancakes an extra rich and creamy flavor that truly can’t be beat!
And then you combine the creamy ricotta with almond extract and the flavor combination is oh so perfect!
PS: did you know you can make homemade ricotta cheese?
What do ricotta pancakes taste like?
Ricotta pancakes taste slightly sweet and very fluffy. Since ricotta cheese does not have a sharp flavor, these pancakes taste similar to buttermilk pancakes or normal flapjack.
Ricotta Pancakes Ingredients
These pancakes come together in 9 easy ingredients! All you’ll need is:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Large eggs
- 2% milk
- Ricotta cheese
- Almond extract
- Vegetable oil
How to Make Ricotta Cheese
Homemade ricotta cheese is a brilliant way for anyone to begin their journey into home cheesemaking. The magic of turning fresh milk and cream into delicate curds and whey is deeply satisfying and deliciously simple!
How to Make Ricotta Pancakes
Mix Dry ingredients
Place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix well.
Mix wet ingredients
Then, in a separate bowl, crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add milk, ricotta cheese, almond extract, honey and oil to the bowl and whisk to combine.
Combine wet & dry ingredients
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix, making sure all ingredients are combined.
Heat a large skillet over low/medium heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop pancake batter into the skillet. Let the pancake cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping when bubbles start to form in the center of the pancake.
Repeat until all the pancake batter is used.
Top & Enjoy!
Top with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!
Pro Tips for Flipping Pancakes
When should I flip my pancakes? You know your pancakes are ready to flip when little bubbles start to form on the outer rim of the pancake and the bottom side starts to firm up. Make sure that you are using a low/medium heat with these pancakes so that you don’t cook the outsides too fast!
Pancakes for Meal Prep
How do you freeze pancakes? To freeze pancakes, let them cool completely. Then, place two pancakes together and wrap them with saran wrap followed by tin foil. Place them in the freezer and freeze for up to 3 months.
Toppings for Ricotta Pancakes
Because pancakes are best enjoyed with toppings, here are some delicious pancake topping ideas for you to choose from!
- Maple syrup
- Nut butter
- Dark chocolate chips — try our chocolate chip ricotta pancakes!
- Sliced strawberries
- Fresh blueberries or raspberries – try our blueberry ricotta pancakes!
- Coconut chips
- More ricotta 😀
Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Then, in a separate bowl, crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add milk, ricotta cheese, almond extract, honey and oil to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix, making sure all ingredients are combined.
- Next, heat a large skillet over low/medium heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop pancake batter into the skillet. Let the pancake cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping when bubbles start to form in the center of the pancake. when Repeat until all pancake batter is gone.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!