These Lemon Cheesecake Bites are seriously the best mini desserts you’ll ever enjoy. This semi-homemade, no-bake dessert recipe comes together in just over an hour!
Favorite Mini Desserts
Looking for mini desserts to serve at your next brunch, birthday party, or holiday? You are absolutely going to love these bite-sized Lemon Cheesecake Bites.
These mini cheesecakes are a semi-homemade dessert made with a lemon cheesecake filling and your favorite shortbread cookie. They’re topped off with a fresh raspberry and a dusting of powdered sugar!
We love mini desserts because they help with portion control and because, well, they’re cute! These are the perfect mini desserts for any occasion (cough cough Valentine’s day!).
Like I mentioned above, these lemon cheesecake bites are semi-homemade, meaning that you’re going to get a little help from your grocery store. It also means this whips together in no time! Here’s what you need:
shortbread cookies – no need to slave away in the kitchen making shortbread cookies, when you quickly buy a box at the store. We used Lorna Doon Shortbread Cookies, but any kind work.
instant lemon pudding mix – lemon pudding is one of my favorite things in the world. For this you’ll need one box of instant lemon pudding.
2% milk – feel free to use 1% or whole milk for this recipe.
cream cheese – cheesecake isn’t cheesecake with the cream cheese! We used full-fat, but light cream cheese works, too.
lemon zest – lemon zest may seem like a hassle, but it makes all the difference when it comes to flavor! Don’t skip this.
lemon juice – the fresher the better!
raspberries – feeling another berry? Feel free to use strawberries blackberries, or blueberries.
powdered sugar – a dusting of powdered sugar finishes of this mini desserts recipe perfectly!
Make sure to scroll down to get the full written recipe below!
Step 1: Prep Cookies- Line a baking sheet with parchment and then line your shortbread cookies on the baking sheet.
Step 2: Make Lemon Cheesecake Filling- make lemon cheesecake filling by combining instant lemon pudding mix and milk. In a separate bowl combine cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Then combine to two together.
Step 3: Pipe and Top: Transfer filling into a piping bag, snip the tip off, and pip filling onto shortbread cookies. Then, top with a fresh raspberry and a dusting of powdered sugar.
How to soften cream cheese
Looking for a quick method to soften cream cheese? Check out our post – How to Soften Cream Cheese – 4 Ways! Here you’ll learn 4 unique (and quick!) methods to softening cream cheese the perfect amount for baking and cooking.
Cream Cheese – feel free to also use light cream cheese.
Lemon Pudding Mix – try swapping the lemon pudding mix for lime pudding mix. Then, use lime zest and lime juice instead to make this key lime cheesecake bites.
Raspberries – use a different berry such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
These must be enjoyed soon after chilling for the best cookie crunch. After sitting for a day, cookie will soften.
Got leftover cheesecake filling?
If 48+ cookies are too many, make desired amount and use the extra filling for mini cheesecake/pies-just buy the pre-made mini graham cracker crusts.
This is seriously so easy and so delicious. Just make sure to chill the lemon pudding mixture for 1-2 hours before serving the lemon cheesecakes. Top your pies with a dollop of homemade whip cream and fresh berries!
- 48 shortbread cookies (we used Lorna Doon Shortbread Cookies)
- 1 box (3.5-oz.) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1.5 cups 2% milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (light cream cheese works, too)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 48 raspberries
- 1–2 tablespoons confectioners sugar (optional)
- Line baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper (for easier clean up). Place 40 shortbread cookies in rows on a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Beat with a hand mixer on high 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice and beat on medium until creamy. Add cream cheese mixture to pudding and blend on low speed until combined.
- Next, spoon the mixture into a large ziplock bag and snip the tip off to make a small hole for piping.
- Pipe a small amount of the lemon cheesecake mixture onto each cookie.
- Finally, top with raspberries and confectioners sugar, if desired. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Chill in the refrigerator to set for 1-2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- These must be enjoyed soon after chilling for the best cookie crunch. After sitting for a day, cookie will soften.
- If 48+ cookies are too many, make desired amount and use the extra filling for mini pies-just buy the pre-made mini graham cracker crusts.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 65 Sugar: 4 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 8 Fiber: 0 Protein: 1
Keywords: mini desserts