Say hello to the most delicious cheesy dessert bar ever made: Slutty Cheesecake Bars. These cheesecake bars are truly one-of-a-kind because they combine three of your favorite desserts into one.
It’s made with a chocolate chip cookie crust, layers of Oreo cookies, and topped with a creamy cheesecake filling. OMG.
Though the name of these delicious Oreo cheesecake bars may throw some through a loop, you’ll find it quite fitting once you take a bite!
They are SO easy to make and SO delicious, which is why this amazing dessert has always been a go-to for me when I’m entertaining. Just layer everything up in your baking pan and bake! No complicated prep work is required for this show-stopper of a dessert.
What You Need for Slutty Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate chip cookie dough: You can make your own homemade cookie dough batter or buy store-bought cookie dough for this recipe to keep it easy.
- Oreo cookies: Whole Oreos are used to create a delicious Oreo layer in these cheesecake bars, while crushed Oreos are sprinkled on as a topping. They add a crunch and that amazing Oreo flavor we all love!
- Cream cheese: Just like a classic cheesecake recipe, you’re going to need to make a cream cheese mixture for the cheesecake layer of these bars. Make sure you use softened cream cheese!
- Caramel sauce: The warm caramel sauce drizzle gets put on before you bake the cheesecake bars. It adds a gorgeous swirl and an amazing caramel flavor.
- 8×8-inch baking dish: Make sure you use the correct-sized baking dish to ensure your cheesecake bars bake evenly. Any kind will do just fine!
- Standing mixer: You’ll need a stand mixer or handheld mixer to soften the cream cheese and eliminate any lumps. This will create a nice, smooth top.
Delicious Ingredient Variations
One of my favorite things about this slutty cheesecake bar recipe is that you can effortlessly make them into your own tasty creation based on what you’re craving.
Traditionally, the cookie dough base in slutty cheesecake bars is chocolate chip cookie dough, but feel free to switch it up with any of these options:
cookie dough options
- Sugar cookie dough
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough
- Snickerdoodle cookie dough
I’ve tried them all, and they are all equally delicious! Once you have the cookie dough layer down, you can experiment with different toppings as well.
I really enjoy using peanut butter-filled Oreos for an extra punch of flavor. You can also play with different types of caramel sauce or swap it out completely for hot fudge!
Top Tips for Slutty Cheesecake Bars
- Don’t skip creaming the cream cheese and sugar by itself! This will help to make sure there are no lumps in the cream cheese before adding more ingredients.
- You can conveniently use the layer of Oreos as a guide for where to cut the cheesecake bars. Just cut the bars in between each row of Oreos.
- If you make these a day ahead of time, be sure to store them in the refrigerator. They can be stored in the same pan they are baked in in this case.
We recommend storing these slutty cheesecake bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure you allow the bars to cool completely before storing them!
How to Freeze
To freeze these cheesecake bars, let the bars cool completely before placing them into a freezer-safe bag. We recommend using parchment paper between layers so they do not stick together. These tasty guys will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you thought these slutty cheesecake bars were a taste of absolute heaven, you definitely have to try some of our other phenomenal desserts! Here are some of our favorites you’ll have to check out STAT:
Slutty Cheesecake Bars
- 10 oz. cookie dough softened (store-bought or homemade cookie dough works, we used Pillsbury, but any store bought kind will do)
- 18 Oreos
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup warm caramel sauce store bought caramel, we used the brand Marzetti
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, press the cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of the 8×8-inch pan (the cookie dough should be about ⅛ – ¼-inch thick).
- Place 16 whole oreo cookies in rows (4×4) on top of the cookie dough and set aside.
- Then, place cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat them together on medium/low. You can use a stand or hand mixer.
- Crack eggs into the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth, but do not over beat the eggs.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese mixture over the oreo cookies. Shake the pan gently to evenly spread the cream cheese mixture out.
- Use the last 2 oreos and crumble them up and sprinkle them over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Finally, drizzle the warm caramel sauce over the top of the oreo crumbles and use a knife or a toothpick to swirl the cream cheese and caramel together.
- Bake bars at 350ºF for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the bars cool for 20 minutes before lifting the parchment paper and placing the bars on a cutting board.
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting the bars into small cubes.