Say hello to the most delicious cheesy dessert bar ever made, Slutty Cheesecake Bars. These cheesecake bars are made with a chocolate chip cookie crust, Oreo cookies, and topped with cheesecake top. OMG.
What are Slutty Cheesecake Bars
If you were scouring the internet for a delicious dessert recipe that is both nostalgic and rich you have come to the right place –> Slutty Cheesecake Bars. Though the name of these delicious cheesecake bar may throw some through a loop, they are so delicious.
These cheesecake bars are a combination of all of your favorite childhood desserts in one. Chocolate chip cookies, Oreo cookies, and cheesecake. Did you ever think you could combine all of these desserts in one?
All the Ingredients You Need
These are the kind of bars that you make and cut into small pieces because they are made with delicious and rich ingredients and a smaller bar is often the best way to enjoy these gooey treats. Here is everything you’ll need for the bars.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough- You can make your own homemade cookie dough or buy store bought cookie dough for this recipe to keep it easy. Also, we use chocolate chip cookie dough, but feel free to use any cookie dough you’d like!
- Oreo cookies – The Oreo cookies in this recipe add a crunch and that amazing Oreo flavor we all love!
- Cream cheese – Just like a classic cheesecake recipe you’re going to need cream cheese for the cheesecake topping of these bars.
- Sugar – We use the white sugar to sweeten up the cheesecake topping.
- Eggs– You need eggs in this recipe for the cheesecake topping.
- Caramel sauce– The caramel sauce drizzle before you bake the cheesecake bars adds a gorgeous swirl and an amazing caramel flavor.
How to Make Slutty Cheesecake Bars
The process for making this decadent dessert is pretty straight forward! Here is how you make slutty cheesecake bars as well as some tips and tricks on how to end up with the best gooey cheesecake bars.
Cookie Dough Crust
You are going to need an 8×8-inch baking dish for this recipe. Any kind will do just find!
We use 10-oz. of cookie dough and then spread it out evenly on the bottom of a well greased baking pan. Don’t forget to grease the pan, people. You want to be able to remove these bars easily once all of the layers are baked.
cookie dough options
Traditionally, the cookie dough crust in slutty cheesecake bars is chocolate chip cookie dough, but feel free to switch it up.
- Sugar cookie dough
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough
- Snickerdoodle cookie dough
Oh glory be, the Oreo cookie layer in these cheesecake bars adds a cookies and cream flavor to the middle of these bars. They also adds the crunch that you’re always looking for in a cheesecake bars.
You can use a classic Oreo cookie, an off brand Oreo type cookie, or a different stuffed cookie all together. You get to decide!
Another great part about the Oreos in these slutty cheesecake bars is that you can use the the Oreos as a guide for where to cut the cheesecake bars. Cut the bars in-between each row of Oreos.
Cheesecake + Caramel Topping
If Oreos and chocolate chips cookie dough wasn’t enough, these slutty cheesecake bars are held together by a delicious cheesecake topping. Hubba Hubba.
- To make the cheesecake topping you cream the cream cheese in a standing mixer to soften and get rid of any lumps. From there you add the sugar and cream those ingredients together.
- Lastly, you add the eggs and mix until the eggs are combined and you can’t see any egg white. You do not want to over-mix the cheesecake topping.
- After the cheese cake topping is smooth and creamy pour it over the Oreo and chocolate chip cookie. Then, drizzle the delicious caramel over the cream cheese and swirl the cheesecake and caramel together.
Bake + Enjoy
You bake these cheesecake bars at 350ºF for 35-45 minutes or until the cheesecake top begins to crack.
Remove the bars from the oven and let them cool for 20 minutes before removing them from the baking dish.
Tips + Tricks
Bars vs. Bite-sized pieces
You can cut these bars into 12 large bars (which is what our nutrition is based on in the recipe card) or you can cut them into small 16-18 bite-sized bars. This tends to work really well with such a decadent bar.
How do I store these slutty cheesecake bars?
We recommend that you store these cheesecake bars in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. Let the bars cool completely before placing them in an air tight container.
Can I freeze these bars?
Yes, you can freeze these cheesecake bars. Let the bars cool completely before placing them into a freezer safe bag and place them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Slutty Cheesecake Bars
- 10 oz. cookie dough softened (store bought or homemade cookie dough works, we used pillsbury, but any store bought kind will do)
- 18 Oreos
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup warm caramel sauce store bought caramel, we used the brand Marzetti
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, press the cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of the 8x8-inch pan (the cookie dough should be about ⅛ - ¼-inch thick).
- Place 16 whole oreo cookies in rows (4x4) on top of the cookie dough and set aside.
- Then, place cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat them together on medium/low. You can use a stand or hand mixer.
- Crack eggs into the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth, but do not over beat the eggs.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese mixture over the oreo cookies. Shake the pan gently to evenly spread the cream cheese mixture out.
- Use the last 2 oreos and crumble them up and sprinkle them over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Finally, drizzle the warm caramel sauce over the top of the oreo crumbles and use a knife or a toothpick to swirl the cream cheese and caramel together.
- Bake bars at 350ºF for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the bars cool for 20 minutes before lifting the parchment paper and placing the bars on a cutting board.
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting the bars into small cubes.
Omg! SO YUMMY! Also, doesn’t taste overly rich which I prefer. Toddler and husband approved. We didn’t have carmel sauce, but it was still so good.
These were so easy to make and so delicious. I love how flexible they are too. I used chocolate chip cookie dough as a base, but used peanut butter oreos, and made a peanut butter swirl by just melting the peanut butter with some coconut oil. Thanks!
Hi Mary! LOVE that you made this fun dessert your own! PB oreos sounds so delish — we’ll have to try that, too!
This is a PERFECT dessert recipe!! Love all the yummy flavors combined!
Right?! All of the best desserts in one bar!
My bars fell apart, it was like they weren’t cooked enough. Even though I left them in oven an extra 8 minutes over maximum recommended time.
Oh no! We’re so sorry to hear this, Dani. This is a Cheese Knees favorite, and we’ve never had them fall apart. Can you share if you made any substitutions or cooked in different type of pan? Hoping we can get to the bottom of this!
My fiancé and I LOVE these and I’ve made them for our special occasions since we’ve discovered them. They are always so yummy!! My fiancé requested them for our wedding and I’m wondering if they could be made in cupcake tins to make easy individual servings? Any suggestions?
Oh what a fun idea, Kelsey! We’d be honored if you served these bars for your wedding dessert 😀 If you make them in a muffin / cupcake pan, I’d recommend using cupcake liners so you can get them out of the pan without any sticking. And start with baking for 15 minutes, and then increase from there if they’re not fully cooked. Please let us know how this goes!!
I’ve made these a few times and they are always a hit! I have also made them with sugar cookie base and vanilla oreos for folks that cannot eat chocolate and they loved them. I’ve been asked to bring these to every party that I attend after the first time I brought these. They are so quick and easy to make.
Oo a sugar cookie base is so fun!