These cream cheese stuffed chocolate chip pancakes take your regular morning pancake to a whole new level of deliciousness.
A rich swirl of cream cheese is sandwiched between two layers of pancake batter, making for the ultimate sweet breakfast!
Fluffy Pancakes Filled w/ Creamy Goodness
Just when you thought we hit our peak of pancake-making mastery, we’ve come to rock your world YET AGAIN with another insanely delicious and decadent pancake recipe made with—you guessed it—CHEESE.
But this time, instead of putting cream cheese IN the pancake batter, we’ve got a whole layer of it STUFFED in between two layers of batter. Can I get an AMEN?! *cue the hallelujah chorus*
And to top it all off, we add a luscious sprinkle of chocolate chips. Yum!
Trust us on this one: these cream cheese stuffed chocolate chip pancakes are going to be one of your new favorite breakfast recipes!
why you’ll love ’em!
- Oozing w/ flavor: there’s just something extra special about cream cheese stuffed pancakes!
- Easy to freeze: we love making a double batch of pancakes so you can freeze some for later!
- Cream cheese: this is the all-star ingredient! The cream cheese adds so much moisture, protein, and delicious flavor to these cakes!
- Brown sugar: brown sugar adds a rich caramel flavor to your pancakes to balance out the tanginess of the cream cheese with some extra sweetness.
- All-purpose flour: we love all-purpose flour for pancakes because this is really what allows them to come out nice and fluffy.
- Sugar: pancakes really only need a little bit of sweetness, and that’s why we turned to our good ol’ friend granulated sugar
- Salt: adding a dash of salt enhances all the flavors of your pancakes.
- Baking powder: fluff up those cakes with a little baking powder.
- Eggs: eggs help bind the batter together.
- Butter: we kept our fat option basic and mild with unsalted butter.
- Milk: we used 2% milk, but any milk will do for this recipe!
- Chocolate chips: we used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but any kind, including milk chocolate and dark chocolate, will work.
How to soften cream cheese
Looking for a quick method to soften cream cheese? Check out our post – How to Soften Cream Cheese – 4 Ways! Here you’ll learn 4 unique (and quick!) methods to soften cream cheese to the perfect amount for baking and cooking.
How to Make Cream Cheese Stuffed Chocolate Chip Pancakes
PREPARE CREAM CHEESE FILLING
Place the cream cheese and brown sugar into a small bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined. Transfer into a piping bag and set aside.
MAKE PANCAKE BATTER
Next, add the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder to a medium bowl and mix to combine.
In a separate bowl, add the eggs, butter, and milk and whisk until everything is thoroughly combined.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.
Heat a nonstick pan or skillet over medium heat and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. When the pan is hot, scoop ¼ cup of batter into the pan. Pipe 1-2 tablespoons of the cream cheese into a swirl in the center of each pancake.
Scoop another ¼ cup of batter and cover the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle on a handful of chocolate chips. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping when the bubbles start to form. Repeat until the rest of the batter is gone.
ADD TOPPINGS & SERVE
Once your pancakes are all cooked, top them with your favorite pancake toppings (psst: we have a few suggestions below!).
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Toppings for Cream Cheese Stuffed Pancakes
The topping ideas are endless when it comes to thee cream cheese stuffed chocolate pancakes. Some of our faves include:
- Maple syrup
- Nut butter
- Dark chocolate chips
- Sliced strawberries
- Fresh blueberries or raspberries
- Coconut chips
- Greek yogurt
- Powdered sugar
Pro Tips for Pancakes
PERFECT GOLDEN BROWN PANCAKES
You know your cream cheese stuffed pancakes are ready to flip when little bubbles start to form on the outer rim of the pancake, and the bottom side starts to firm up.
Make sure that you are using medium/low heat with these pancakes so that you don’t cook the outside too fast!
PANCAKES FOR MEAL PREP
Pancakes are great for meal prep! Either keep them in the fridge and toast throughout the week, or freeze for a later date.
Let leftover cream cheese stuffed pancakes cool completely. Then, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Freeze Pancakes
- Let pancakes cool completely.
- Then, stack 2 pancakes on top of each other and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Option to wrap that in a piece of tin foil, but it’s not necessary.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw: we like to pop a frozen pancake into the toaster and toast them. But you can also defrost them in the microwave.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Prepare the cream cheese filling. Place the cream cheese and brown sugar into a small bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined. Transfer into a piping bag. Set aside.
- Make the pancake batter. Add the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder to a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, butter, and milk and whisk until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. When the pan is hot, scoop ¼ cup of batter into the pan. Pipe 1-2 tablespoons of the cream cheese into a swirl in the center of each pancake. Scoop another ¼ cup of batter and cover the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle on a handful of chocolate chips. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping when the bubbles start to form.
- Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings and serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- You can sub almond milk for 2%.