These cottage cheese pancakes are fluffy, protein packed, and the perfect breakfast for any day of the week.
Fluffy Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Do you ever wonder what recipes you can make that use cottage cheese? Have no fear, you can make cottage cheese pancakes and your whole world will change!
Not only are these cottage cheese pancakes fluffy and delicious, but they are also packed with 19 grams of protein and SO easy to make. All you need is a blender and a skillet pan and you are all set!
Cottage Cheese Recipes
Looking for more recipes with cottage cheese? Check out our cottage cheese recipes archives!
Ingredients You Need
- Cottage cheese– this is the all-star ingredient of this recipe! The cottage cheese adds so much moisture, protein, and delicious flavor to these cakes!
- Banana- the banana acts as the sweetener for these delicious pancakes! If you don’t have banana, applesauce will work as a great substitute.
- Eggs- don’t skip the eggs! The eggs are what help fluff up these cakes.
- Maple syrup- we love adding maple syrup to pancakes as a sweetener, it just makes so much sense. If you don’t have maple syrup, use honey!
- Vanilla extract- don’t skip the vanilla, it adds the amazing flavor that every pancake has. If you want to take it up a notch, add almond extract.
- Unsweetened almond milk– any milk will do for this recipe!
- Coconut oil (or butter)– you need some kind of oil or fat in your pancakes. Choose whatever one you prefer.
- Oat flour– using oat flour in pancakes packs a ton of fiber into every cake!
- Baking powder– fluff up those cake with a little baking powder.
- Ground cinnamon– a little ground cinnamon adds just a bit of spice to your cakes.
- Salt– adding salt enhances all the flavors of your pancakes.
Want to take your pancakes up a notch? Add in any of the fun mix-ins below to sweeten up your cottage cheese pancake recipe.
- mini chocolate chips
- fresh blueberries
- chopped apples
- shredded coconut
The Secret to Making Cottage Cheese Pancakes
This is a pretty basic pancake recipe (aside from the main ingredient of cottage cheese). All you have to do is blend your pancake batter ingredients in a blender to smooth out those cottage cheese chunks and then scoop your batter into a hot skillet. Just like any other cake.
The secret to making pancakes is patience!
- Be sure you don’t have your heat on high. Keep it on medium heat and wait for that bubble. Don’t flip too early.
- Do not pour a few pancakes at a time for your first round. You always need that first pancake run to see how hot your skillet is. Trust us!
Cottage Pancakes 101
Can I make a double batch of these pancakes?
Yes! PLEASE make doubles of these cottage cheese pancakes. Just click the x2 button in the recipe card and the ingredients will populate for doubling the recipe.
If you are feeding a crowd, great! If you want to save half of your pancakes for the week, we suggest storing them in the fridge or the freezer.
How do you store these pancakes?
To store these pancakes, let them cool completely before placing them in an air tight container and storing them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze these cottage cheese pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze these cottage cheese pancakes. To freeze these cottage cheese pancakes, let the pancakes cool completely before wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How do you reheat these pancakes?
There are a few different ways to reheat pancakes.
- Microwave- Place the pancakes flat on a plate and microwave them on high for 30-second increments until they reach your desired temperature.
- Toaster- Place the pancakes in the toaster and toast them on low for 5-7 minutes until golden brown (our personal favorite)
- Oven- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and then place all the pancakes on a baking sheet and bake them for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Cottage Cheese Pancake Recipe
- 1 medium banana
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter
- 1.5 cups ground oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients minus the coconut oil into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until there are no lumps in the cottage cheese. Then, add in the melted coconut oil and blend again until smooth.
- Heat a pan or griddle over low/medium heat. Grease a pan with a teaspoon of butter and then scoop a heaping 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!