These Instant Pot Cheesy Egg Bites are the perfect meal-prep breakfast or high-protein snack. Whip up a batch of these fluffy and cheesy egg bites that the whole family will love. Enjoy!
Hellllooo, Cheesy Egg Bites
We have a variety of egg bites and egg cups on our sister site, Fit Foodie Finds, but this is our first egg cup recipe over here on The Cheese Knees.
Why we love Instant Pot Cheesy Egg Bites
- Light & fluffy: These egg bites are light and fluffy because they are made in a pressure cooker.
- Meal-prep: Making egg bites in the Instant Pot is a great way to make a big batch of egg bites at one time.
- Versatile: You can use any kind of mix-ins that you want, the options are endless.
- Healthy: This egg bites recipe is a healthy addition to breakfast or just a protein-packed snack for any time of the day.
Ingredients You Need for Cheesy Egg Bites
You only need a few ingredients to make these Instant Pot cheesy egg bites. Guess what? You can decide on what type of ingredients you want to use depending on what mood you’re in. First, let’s go over the ingredients that this recipe calls for:
- Eggs: We used large eggs for this recipe. The size of the egg does matter: the larger the egg, the more full your egg cups will be.
- Olive oil: The olive oil in this recipe is used to sauté the onions. Feel free to use any oil or fat that you would like.
- Minced garlic: A little garlic goes a long way. Feel free to use garlic powder if you don’t have minced garlic, just be sure to use half the amount!
- Minced onion: The onion gets sautéd before putting them into the egg cups. It is a delicious flavor base for the egg bites.
- White cheddar cheese: Cheddar cheese adds cheesy goodness to these egg bites! You really can substitute the cheddar cheese with any cheese or omit the cheese all together. You are the maker of your cheese bites.
- Gruyere cheese: Gruyere adds a fantastically rich flavor to these cheesy egg bites! As with the cheddar, feel free to use annnny cheese variety your little heart desires.
different ingredient combinations
We went with simply delicious cheesy ingredients for these egg bites, but you can go right ahead and get crazy with other flavor combos like:
Fajita Egg Bites
Dice sweet peppers up into small bite size pieces (abut 1/4 cup) and sauté them with onion and garlic. Add about 1 teaspoon of fajita seasoning to the mixture and then add the mixture to the egg mold.
All American Egg bites
Go ahead and add your breakfast favorites to these egg bites. Sprinkle cheddar cheese, bacon bits, or breakfast sausage into the egg mold.
Ham and Cheese Egg Bites
Denver style egg bites would be delicious! Add little bits of bite-sized ham and shredded cheddar cheese to the egg mold and end up with a delicious ham and cheese egg bites.
How to Make Instant Pot Cheesy Egg Bites
Making these cheesy egg bites are easier than you think! Grab your Instant Pot, silicone egg mold and a container with a pour spout, and you’re off and running:
First, add all of the eggs to a container or bowl with a pour spout. Whisk the eggs together until there are no chunks, and then set aside.
Sauté Garlic and Onions
Turn on your Instant Pot’s sauté feature, and then add olive oil. When the olive oil is fragrant, add garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
Transfer onions and garlic to a different bowl and clean the inside of your Instant Pot.
Fill Silicone Egg Mold
Place your silicone egg bites tray (or small mason jars will also work!) on a hard surface. Then, add 1/2 teaspoon of the veggie mixture to each bite. Next, add a heaping teaspoon of gruyere shredded cheese and then a heaping teaspoon of white cheddar cheese, and then fill each egg bite about 3/4 of the way full with egg.
Pro tip: Use the back of a spoon to mix everything together and ensure the egg mixture is coating everything else.
Place in Instant Pot
Place the trivet on the bottom of your Instant Pot and add in 1 cup of water. Then, place the silicone egg bites mold on top of the trivet and close and seal your Instant Pot.
Cook Egg Bites
Turn the Instant Pot to manual –> high pressure –> and set the timer to 10 minutes. It will take around 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to start counting down and pressurize, but then it will start counting down from 10 minutes.
Remove Eggs From Egg Mold & ENJOY!
Once the timer goes off, quick release the Instant Pot to let out the pressure. Take the lid off and carefully remove the mold from the Instant Pot.
Your eggs might look a bit lopsided or look like they expanded out of their mold, but as they sit, they will release air and go back down.
Enjoy immediately while warm, or make a few batches and save for meal prep!
Instant Pot Egg Bites Tips
How do I remove egg bites from the silicone egg mold?
To remove the egg bites from the mold, gently press the bottom of the egg mold with your fingers. The egg bite should pop out easily. If the egg bite resists, take a knife and use the knife to loosen the edges of each egg bite from the silicone mold.
Can you stack silicone egg molds in instant pot?
Yes, you can stack silicone egg molds in the Instant Pot as long as you have covers for your egg molds.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, you can double, triple, or quadruple this recipe! We have an easy recipe multiplier in our recipe card. When you double this recipe, use two silicone molds or repeat the recipe twice.
How long do egg bites last in the fridge?
Egg bites will last between 3-5 days in the refrigerator if they are stored in an air-tight container.
Egg Bite Storage
We recommend storing your cheesy egg bites in a container with a lid in the fridge. Just make sure to let them cool completely before transferring them into the fridge for later.
Can you Freeze Instant Pot Egg Bites?
Yes, you can freeze these Instant Pot cheesy egg bites. Let the egg bites cool completely before placing them in a freezer safe container. Place them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To thaw the egg bites remove them from the freezer and let them thaw completely. Microwave them for 30-second increments until they are warm.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons shredded gruyere cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- First, add all of the eggs to a container with a pour spout. Whisk the eggs together until there are no chunks. Set aside.
- Turn on your Instant Pot’s saute feature. Then add olive oil.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Transfer veggies to a different bowl and clean your Instant Pot.
- Place your silicone egg bites tray (or small mason jars) on a hard surface. Then, add 1/2 teaspoon of the veggie mixture to each bite. Next, add a heaping teaspoon of gruyere shredded cheese and then a heaping teaspoon of white cheddar cheese, fill each egg bite about 3/4 of the way full with egg. Use the back of a spoon to mix everything together.
- Place the trivet on the bottom of your Instant Pot and add in 1 cup of water. Then, place the silicone egg bites mold on top of the trivet and seal your Instant Pot closed.
- Turn the valve to seal and turn the Instant Pot to manual > high pressure > and set the timer to 10 minutes. It will take around 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to start counting down, but eventually, it will start counting down from 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the Instant Pot to let out the pressure. Take the lid off and carefully remove the mold.
- Your eggs might look a bit lopsided or look like they expanded out of their mold, but as they sit, they will release air and go back down.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 257 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 196 Fat: 21 Carbohydrates: 3 Fiber: 0 Protein: 15 Cholesterol: 298
Keywords: instant pot cheesy egg bites