Dinner is served in under an hour with this delicious semi-homemade ravioli lasagna! Layer and bake frozen ravioli with marinara sauce and a ricotta cheese mixture for the ultimate weeknight meal.
The BEST Ravioli Lasagna
Ravioli is one of our favorites in The Cheese Knees kitchen, and hopefully you’ve already made our goat cheese ravioli or our air fryer ravioli! Today we’re here to make all your ravioli dreams come true with a ravioli LASAGNA recipe 😀
what is ravioli lasagna?
Ravioli lasagna is a pasta dish made with layers of ravioli, marinara sauce and cheese and baked to perfection in a casserole dish.
What is ravioli?
Ravioli is a type of pasta that’s enveloped within two thin layers of pasta. For this ravioli we’re using a combination of ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese for the filling, and a combination of all purpose and semolina flour for the pasta dough.
Is ravioli pasta?
It sure is! It’s similar to other pocket-filled pastas like tortellini and mezzelune.
Ravioli Lasagna Ingredients
You only need 6 ingredients for this delicious ravioli lasagna! It’s time to round up:
- Marinara sauce: choose your favorite store bought marinara sauce or make homemade sauce. What sauce you buy will determine the flavor profile of your ravioli lasagna.
- Ricotta cheese: ricotta cheese is a deliciously classic cheese for lasagna, and this ravioli lasagna is no exception.
- Pre-made ravioli: you can use our homemade cheese ravioli recipe or buy yourself your favorite store-bought ravioli.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: we love how melty and delicious mozzarella is.
- Shredded parmesan cheese: parmesan cheese offers a salty finish to this ravioli lasagna.
- Italian seasoning: we are big fans of this homemade Italian seasoning because it includes salt, garlic, and red pepper flakes. If you use a store-bought Italian seasoning you may need to add some garlic powder and salt.
We’re using 24 oz. of frozen sausage ravioli, but feel free to sub 1:1 for any frozen ravioli of your choice.
This le creuset casserole dish is our all time favorite casserole dish! The white color rocks, it has a cover, and it’s great for so many dishes.
How to Make Ravioli Lasagna
Preheat & prep
Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Make Cheese Mixture
Combine the parmesan, ricotta, and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
Pour 1 cup of the marinara sauce onto the bottom of the baking dish.Then, place half of the bag of ravioli on top of the sauce so they are laying completely flat.
Spoon half of the ricotta mixture on top of the raviolis and spread it so they are mostly covered. Then, pour in 1 cup of the marinara sauce and spread it out on top of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle on 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella.
Repeat until all ingredients are used.
Bake & Enjoy!
Bake lasagna uncovered at 400ºF for around 45 minutes. Serve with your favorite bread for dipping and ENJOY!
Easy Swaps or Add-ins
Feel free to make this ravioli lasagna recipe your own by substituting ingredients or adding some in. All we care about is that you enjoy your dinner! Below are some of our add-in ideas:
Ricotta cheese –> cream cheese or cottage cheese
Marinara sauce –> Alfredo sauce
Parmesan cheese –> romano cheese
Ground turkey, ground beef, or Italian sausage: brown ground meat before making your marinara sauce to make a meat sauce.
Vegetables: add in in some of your favorite veggies like spinach, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
CAN I USE ANY KIND OF RAVIOLI IN THIS RECIPE?
Yes, you can use any whatever variety of ravioli your cheese-loving heart desires in this ravioli lasagna recipe.
WHAT KIND OF MARINARA SHOULD I USE?
You can use any jarred marinara sauce that you would like. We recommend using a low sugar and organic brand!
Let the ravioli lasagna cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
CAN I FREEZE THIS CASSEROLE?
If you’re going to freeze this lasagna, we recommend assembling it in a freezer safe casserole dish, covering and storing in the freezer for up to 3 months, and then baking from frozen uncovered for around 60 minutes at 400ºF.
- 16 oz. whole milk ricotta ~2 cups
- 4 oz. grated parmesan cheese ~1 cup
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 24 oz. frozen Italian sausage ravioli any frozen ravioli works
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese ~2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the parmesan, ricotta, and Italian seasoning in a bowl and set aside
- Pour 1 cup of the marinara sauce onto the bottom of the baking dish.Then, place half of the bag of ravioli on top of the sauce so they are laying completely flat.
- Spoon half of the ricotta mixture on top of the raviolis and spread it so they are mostly covered.
- Then pour in 1 cup of the marinara sauce and spread it out on top of the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle on 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Bake lasagna uncovered at 400ºF for around 45 minutes.
- Once the lasagna is done take it out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.