This air fryer ravioli is crispy, flavorful, and the perfect weeknight meal. You get the deep fried texture with just a little oil!
Easy Air Fryer Ravioli
Did you ever think ravioli could get any better than saucy and full of cheese? Well, it just got better. Air frying ravioli leaves you with a crispy and delicious cheese-filled ravioli treat ready to dip in your favorite sauce.
Why should you be air frying ravioli?
- This meal is ready in under 20 minutes!
- You can whip up this crispy ravioli for a quick appetizer or a fun dinner.
- We use store-bought ravioli for this recipe and it is really fun to mix up what type of ravioli you use.
What You Need for Air Fryer Ravioli
- Ravioli- we use cheese ravioli in this recipe but you could use any kind you like! This recipe is intended to be made with store-bought refrigerated ravioli, not homemade or frozen ravioli.
- Flour– helps the egg stick to the ravioli.
- Egg- helps the breadcrumbs stick to the ravioli.
- Breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese– is the perfect coating for this cheese ravioli! Breadcrumbs make the ravioli crunchy while parmesan adds a crisp, saltiness to the breading.
- Spices- we flavor the ravioli with garlic powder and Italian seasoning but if you are using seasoned breadcrumbs, feel free to leave them out!
Parmesan Cheese Recipes
Love parmesan cheese? Check out some of our very best recipes featuring parmesan cheese!
How to Make Air Fryer Ravioli
Coat in flour
First things, first, be sure that you have thawed, store-bought ravioli ready. Toss the ravioli in the flour until they are completely coated.
Dredge in egg and breadcrumbs
Next, you are going to dredge each ravioli in an egg wash and then in the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture until the ravioli are covered in breadcrumbs.
Before placing the ravioli in the air fryer, spray the air fryer with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the air fryer with the ravioli with little overlap. Spray the ravioli again with cooking spray.
Air fry the ravioli for 5 minutes at 375ºF. Repeat this until all the ravioli are crispy and golden brown.
We recommend serving these air fried ravioli with marinara sauce.
Have you ever made homemade ravioli? We have an easy and delicious easy homemade ravioli recipe for you try.
Top Tips for Air Fryer Ravioli
Store-bought ravioli is best. This recipe was tested with store-bought ravioli. You can use homemade cheese ravioli, but we suggest making the ravioli and storing the raw ravioli in the refrigerator overnight and then making air fryer ravioli the next day.
Mix up the sauces. We serve this air fried ravioli with a marinara sauce. We went classic because ravioli pairs so well with marinara sauce. However, feel free to serve this ravioli with a white sauce, an olive oil/balsamic mixture, or even a delicious ranch dressing.
Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. When you cook the ravioli, be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer. The ravioli will cook evenly with more space in the air fryer.
Can you cook frozen ravioli in an air fryer?
We don’t recommend air frying frozen ravioli, so make sure to thaw it first before air frying.
Can you air fry ravioli without breadcrumbs?
You can skip the breadcrumbs in this air fryer ravioli if you would like. They will not turn out as crispy and crunchy.
Let the air-fried ravioli cool completely before storing them in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Air Fryer Ravioli
- 1 9-oz. package cheese ravioli
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- Marinara sauce for serving
- Grease your air fryer basket lightly with olive oil spray.
- Add the ravioli and flour to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- In another small bowl, beat the egg with a small splash of water (about 2 tablespoons) until uniform.
- Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and italian seasoning to a third bowl.
- One at a time, shake off any excess flour from one ravioli and then dip it into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Make sure to fully coat the ravioli with both the egg and breadcrumbs. Then place it in the greased air fryer basket and repeat with as many raviolis as will fit– make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer.
- Spray the raviolis with olive oil spray and cook at 375ºF for 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- I’m using cheese ravioli in this recipe but you could use any kind you like! This recipe is intended to be made with store-bought refrigerated ravioli, not homemade or frozen ravioli.
- Flour helps the egg stick to the ravioli.
- Egg helps the breadcrumbs stick to the ravioli.
- The combination of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese is the perfect coating for this cheese ravioli! Breadcrumbs make the ravioli crunchy while parmesan adds a crisp, saltiness to the breading.
- I’m flavoring the ravioli with garlic powder and italian seasoning but if you are using seasoned breadcrumbs, feel free to leave them out!