This Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake takes a traditional pumpkin pie up a notch by adding cream cheese! Enjoy a slice of this delicious cheesecake for dessert today.
A Fall Favorite!
Cue all things pumpkin flavored, it’s Fall up in here! We’re firm believers that pumpkin pie spice doesn’t need to just be taken out of the cupboard for Thanksgiving!
And one of our all-time favorite pumpkin desserts is a classic pumpkin pie. But today we’re taking things up a notch or two with this pumpkin CHEESECAKE and you’re going to absolutely love the flavor.
Made from pumpkin puree, cream cheese and the perfect blend of fall spices, this pie filling won’t disappoint!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Ingredients
This pumpkin cheesecake is whipped together with 11 simple ingredients (and that includes the crust!):
- Graham cracker pie crust — grab a pre-made one from the grocery store!
- Plain cream cheese
- Pumpkin puree
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- Light brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Egg white
Why a Store-Bought Crust?
Because it makes this recipe SO much easier and less time-consuming!! We love a good graham cracker crust using graham cracker crumbs made in the food processor just like the rest of you, but the store-bought ones that most major grocery stores carry provide for a perfect crust for this pumpkin cheesecake, and allows you to focus on mixing up this delicious cheesecake filling.
We also love using a store-bought crust for this ‘cake because it allows us to eliminate finicky steps that typical cheesecake recipes call for like a 9-inch springform pan, and baking in a boiling water bath on the oven rack.
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake
Make the Filling in 5 Easy Steps
- Start by preheating the oven to 325ºF.
- Next, add the cream cheese (make sure it’s room temperature!) to a large bowl and beat on low with a hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment until creamy.
- Then, add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, maple syrup, and brown sugar to the bowl and beat on low until smooth.
- Finally, crack one egg into the bowl with the pumpkin filling and use the electric mixer to mix the eggs into the filling on the lowest speed. Separate the yolk from the egg white of the other egg, and add to the bowl. Only mix until eggs are just combined (careful not to over mix during this step!).
- Pour the pumpkin cream cheese mixture over the crust, making sure it’s evenly spread out before placing in the oven.
Don’t Forget the Whip!
Is there anything better than a dollop of whip on top of a slice of pumpkin pie?! OF COURSE NOT! We recommend:
- Cool Whip
- Reddi Wip
- Or make your own by whipping heavy cream and a bit of honey in a high-speed mixer!
How Many Slices in This Pumpkin Cheesecake?
This pumpkin cheesecake cuts into 8 perfect slices, making this is a great dessert to share with a group or enjoy over a few days.
How to Store Pumpkin Cheesecake
Store this pumpkin cheesecake in an air-tight container in the fridge and enjoy for up to 3-5 days. If you’re storing right in the pie tin, simply cover and seal tightly around the edges with tin foil.
- 1 10-inch pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- 12-oz. plain cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 15-0z. can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- First, preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Next, add the cream cheese to a large bowl and beat on low with an electric mixer until creamed.
- Then, add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, maple syrup, brown sugar, and flour to the bowl and beat on low until smooth.
- Finally, crack 1 egg into the bowl with the pumpkin filling. Separate the other egg yolk from the white, and add the egg white to the bowl with the pumpkin filling. Use the electric mixer to mix the eggs into the filling on the lowest speed. Only mix until eggs are just combined (careful not to over mix!).
- Pour the pumpkin cream cheese mixture over the crust, making sure it’s evenly spread out.
- Bake the cheesecake at 325ºF for around 45-55 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is cooked and begins to crack.
- Remove from the oven, let the cheesecake cool for at least 1 hour. Then place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (or until chilled) before cutting into the cheesecake.
- Top with your whipped cream and enjoy.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 341 Sugar: 10 Sodium: 305 Fat: 20 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 2 Protein: 5 Cholesterol: 74
Keywords: pumpkin cheesecake