These pizza lasagna roll ups are a fun fusion between two delicious dishes. They’re perfect for serving a large group or meal prepping ahead of time to feed the family!
Pizza + Lasagna = A Delish Combo!
Welcome to this delicious dish that combines everything you love about lasagna with a fun pizza flavor twist. We’re thrilled to be sharing this recipe in partnership with our friends at Wood River Creamery.
why you’ll love ’em!
- These lasagna roll ups are a fun twist on pizza + lasagna!
- Pasta is a dish that the whole family loves.
- You can feed a crowd or have enough for leftovers.
- Lasagna roll ups are easy to prepare ahead of time! You can make it the night before or you can freeze it for another time.
We Love Wood River Creamery
Wood River Creamery cheeses are handcrafted in small batches by their master cheesemaker and staff in Wisconsin. That’s right, fellow cheese lovers! We’re pretty big fans of that, too. A bit more about Wood River Creamery:
WHAT KIND OF CHEESE IS IT?
Wood River Creamery cheeses are a great fusion of cheddar and gruyere. You get the bold flavor of a cheddar combined with the buttery flavor of gruyere, and it’s truly as good as it sounds. This also means that their cheeses are great for everything from slicing and snacking to melting for these pizza lasagna roll ups!
IS WOOD RIVER CHEESE GOOD FOR COOKING?
Wood River Creamery cheeses are great to cook with because of their flavor and terrific meltability. We’re talking ooey gooey melty goodness, people. Don’t believe us? Check out dat cheese pull you get with these lasagna roll ups 😀
IS WOOD RIVER CREAMERY CHEESE GOOD FOR SLICING?
Of course! Their cheddar + gruyere cheeses are perfect for slicing and enjoying with your favorite charcuterie accouterments. Have you checked out our favorite beer + cheese pairings?
WHERE CAN YOU FIND WOOD RIVER CREAMERY CHEESE?
They can be found in the specialty cheese case at your local grocery store or online. Check out their store locator.
Wood River Creamery Flavor Options
Wood River Creamery has some delicious flavors! We used their oh so classic Original Cheddar Gruyere for these lasagna roll ups, but we’re already planning to make this recipe with their Herbs de Provence variety — can you say NOM?!
- Original Cheddar Gruyere (what we used for these pizza lasagna roll ups! And our ultimate French onion dip.)
- Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
- Black Truffle
- Chipotle Garlic
- Mango Habanero
- Roasted Red Pepper & Black Peppercorn
- Smoked Cracked Peppercorn
- Herbs de Provence (what we used for our baked mac and cheese!)
Ingredients for Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups
These pizza lasagna roll ups pack simple yet flavorful ingredients and are elevated with a homemade pizza sauce.
- Lasagna noodles
- Shredded Wood River Creamery Original Cheddar Gruyere
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Whole milk ricotta
- Italian seasoning we use this
- Sliced pepperoni
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Italian seasoning
How to Make Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups
Boil Lasagna noodles
Cook the noodles to al dente according to the package instructions in salted boiling water.
Make Pizza sauce
Add all of the pizza sauce ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until combined.
Make cheese mixture
Add 1 cup of gruyere, ½ cup of mozzarella, ricotta, Italian seasoning, and eggs to a bowl and stir to combine.
Assemble lasagna roll ups
Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and assemble in the following order:
- Spread 1 cup of the pizza sauce along the bottom.
- Place 1 noodle flat and spread 3-4 tablespoons of the cheese mixture from end to end.
- Lay pepperoni slices on top of the cheese from end to end.
- Roll up the lasagna and lay seam side down into the pizza sauce, and continue until all of the noodles have been used.
- Spread the remaining sauce on top of the noodles and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and cheddar gruyere on top of the sauce.
Bake Lasagna Roll Ups
Bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve & Enjoy!
Allow the pizza lasagna roll ups to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This le creuset casserole dish is our all time favorite casserole dish! The white color rocks, it has a cover, and it’s great for so many dishes.
Top Tips for Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups
Do not cut any cooking time on the noodles. A typical lasagna sauce has more water in it allowing the noodles to absorb more and continue to cook during the baking process. This sauce is super thick and the noodles do not soak in very much moisture 😀
Want to add more pizza toppings? Add them to the top but not into the rolls. These roll ups are mega STUFFED! Add olives, onions, mushrooms, etc. to the top before baking.
Allow the lasagna roll ups to rest after cooking to help ensure the filling doesn’t ooze out when serving.
After the lasagna roll ups are baked, let cool completely before placing in an airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To reheat the lasagna roll ups, let them come to room temperature and then reheat them covered in the oven at 350ºF until the cheese melts and the middle of the lasagna roll ups are warm.
To Freeze Lasagna Roll Ups
Let the lasagna roll ups cool completely before covering the entire dish with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Place the lasagna roll ups in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat the lasagna roll ups, let the dish come to room temperature and then reheat them covered in the oven at 350ºF until the cheese melts and the middle of the lasagna roll ups are warm.
Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded Wood River Creamery Original Cheddar Gruyere divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 15 oz. whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 6 oz. sliced pepperoni + more for topping
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- ¼ cup italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the noodles to al dente according to the package instructions. About 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the pizza sauce. Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar gruyere, ½ cup of mozzarella, ricotta, Italian seasoning, and eggs to a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Then spread 1 cup of the pizza sauce along the bottom.
- To prepare the roll ups, place 1 noodle flat and spread 3-4 tablespoons of the cheese mixture from end to end. Next, lay pepperoni slices on top of the cheese from end to end. Roll up the lasagna and lay seam side down into the pizza sauce.
- Continue until all of the noodles have been used.
- Spread the remaining sauce on top of the noodles and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top of the sauce. Layer the remaining gruyere cheese on top of the mozzarella. If desired, add a few slices of pepperoni to teh top of the cheese.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow the pizza lasagna roll-ups to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- The pizza sauce combined with this dish is very rich. I think it makes it perfect and tastes just like pepperoni pizza. Marinara could be subbed or mixed in to cut the richness.