Cinnamon cream cheese toast is the grown up toast you didn’t know you needed! This toast is smothered in a cinnamon cream cheese deliciousness.
Cream Cheese on Toast = Grown Up Toast
All the rage right now is toast made with different cheeses — ricotta toast, burrata toast, etc. Well, we’re bringing you the best and easiest of them all — cream cheese toast!
We figured that everyone loves cream cheese, plus it’s super accessible. Mixed with cinnamon and sugar, this toast is truly like a grown up version of cinnamon toast. Enjoy.
Why you’ll love it!
- Grown up toast
- Cinnamon sugar goodness
- Cream cheese is easy to find
- Ready in no time
- Bread: any kind of bread works for this toast! We’re using a white sandwich bread, but wheat or brioche would work too.
- Cream cheese: cream cheese is the star of the show. We’re using regular old plain cream cheese.
- Cinnamon: ground cinnamon is needed for the epic topping.
- Sugar: a little bit of sugar is going to bring out that yummy cinnamon flavor.
- Butter: butter is used for frying so it doesn’t stick to the pan and helps it get nice and golden brown.
How to Make Cream Cheese Toast
Preheat air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF.
Make Cinnamon Sugar Topping
Combine cream cheese, cinnamon, and sugar in a small bowl. Add the remaining cinnamon and sugar into another small bowl and mix.
Butter and Slather
Butter one side of each piece of bread. Then, slather on 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on the other sides. Sprinkle on 1/2 teaspoon of additional cinnamon sugar.
Air fry butter-side down for around 4-minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Whipped cream
- Nut butter
- Melty butter
While we recommend eating this toast fresh out of the air fryer, you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the ridge for up to 2-3 days.
Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Toast
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices of white sandwich bread
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar divided
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon divided
- Preheat the air fryer to 400℉.
- In a small/medium bowl combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir together until the cinnamon and sugar are evenly mixed in. Set aside.
- In another bowl add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread. On the other side of the bread, spread 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture covering the entire surface. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place 1-2 slices of bread into the air fryer butter side down. Cook for 4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- If the bottom of the toast is not crispy enough, add more time in 1 minute increments until desired doneness.