This Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito dupe recipe tastes exactly like the real deal. You only need 6 ingredients and 25 minutes!
Love Chili Cheese Burritos?
If you love Taco Bell’s famous chili cheese burrito, then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve created the most epic Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito dupe and we’re excited for you to make it in your own homes.
Made with 6 simple ingredients including ground beef, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and shredded cheddar, these burritos are a perfect weeknight meal and so easy freeze.
Why you’ll love it!
- Taco Bell dupe
- Easy to freeze
Ground beef: Taco bell features ground beef in their recipe so this is what we used. It truly has the perfect fat ratio.
If you’re looking to lighten things up, try a different ground meat such as:
- ground chicken
- ground turkey
Taco seasoning: to keep things simple, we’re using a premade taco seasoning. Try our homemade taco seasoning HERE.
Tomato sauce: tomato sauce is what gives your meat a little bit of saucy goodness.
Beef broth: instead of using water to cook the meat, we’re using beef broth to add more flavor.
Shredded cheddar: shredded cheddar is a classic for Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burritos. If you’re feeling fancy, you can use Colby Jack or a Mexican blend cheddar.
Tortillas: Make sure to buy 6-inch tortillas for this recipe!
Cheddar Cheese Recipes
Looking for more recipes with cheddar cheese? Check out our cheesy collection of cheddar cheese recipes.
How to Make a Chili Cheese Burrito
Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the beef and cook until almost cooked.
Add tomato sauce and beef broth and bring to a boil. Then, add 1 cup of shredded cheddar and mix until melted.
Add a few tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese to the center of a tortilla. Then, scoop in around 1/4 cup of the beef mixture.
Roll each burrito in parchment paper to get the true Taco Bell experience.
If you’re planning to eat these burritos throughout the week, we recommend storing the beef, cheese, and tortillas separately in the fridge to prevent sogginess.
- Let burritos cool completely.
- Then, tightly wrap them in a piece of tin foil.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito
- 1 lb. ground beef we used 85/15
- ¼ cup taco seasoning store-bought (1 packet) or this homemade taco seasoning
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- ½ cup beef broth
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese divided (~2 cups)
- 8 6-inch tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add the ground beef.
- Break the ground beef up with a wooden spoon. When the ground beef is almost cooked add the taco seasoning and mix. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the beef is fully cooked.
- Next, add the tomato sauce and beef broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and mix to melt the cheese into the beef mixture.
- To assemble, lay the tortillas on a flat surface. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese into the center of each tortilla.
- Pour ¼ cup of the beef mixture into each tortilla and roll to close.
- Roll each burrito in parchment paper to get the true Taco Bell experience.
Tips & Notes
- To freeze, store in a zip lock bag. To reheat, roll in a damp paper towel and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
This is my second time making this. The only alteration I make is that I add a little cayenne pepper to my meat for spice. Other than that, this recipe is perfection. This is probably one of the best copy cat recipes I’ve ever tried. So, thanks for that!
Oh wow, thank you so much! A bit of cayenne sounds like an amazing addition 😀