Does it get any more Fall than this adorable pumpkin cheese ball? We’ll teach you how to turn an ordinary cheese ball into a pumpkin-shaped cheese ball!
Perfect Fall Cheese Ball
It’s never a bad time to make a cheese ball and when fall rolls around, you bet we’re taking things up a notch!
Say hello to this adorable pumpkin-shaped cheese ball! It’s made with just a few ingredients and will get you in that fall festive mood.
Why you’ll love it!
- Shaped like a pumpkin
- Perfect for a Halloween party
What you Need
- Cream cheese: cream cheese is the base of our cheese ball– make sure it’s fully softened so the other ingredients incorporate smoothly.
- Cheddar cheese: we’re using sharp cheddar cheese but you could use any shredded cheese you like– white cheddar, fontina, gruyere, pepper jack, etc.
- Spices: we’re flavoring the cheese ball very simply with parsley, garlic, and salt. Parsley adds a bit of freshness while garlic and salt help add some great flavor– you could use any kind of seasoning blend you like. Ranch seasoning, red pepper flakes, herbs de provence– just make sure to pair your cheese and your seasoning!
- Pecans: pecans add crunch and texture to the outside of the cheese ball. You could also use walnuts or cashews– or cheetos if you want to be fancy.
Get inspired with this spooky Halloween Cheese Board. We’ll teach you how to prepare a simple cheese board and how to make it a little creepy for Halloween.
Pumpkin Cheese Ball – Step-By-Step Instructions
Beat softened cream cheese in a stand mixer until smooth. Then, add shredded cheddar, spices, and herbs, and mix on low until combined.
Shape into Pumpkin
Shape the mixture into a ball and then wrap it with plastic wrap.
Use bakers twine or string to loosely tie the cheese ball to create the pumpkin indents. Space the ties around 1-inch apart.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Roll in Pecans
When you’re ready to serve, place pecans into a food processor and process until they turn into a fine crumb.
Unwrap the cheese ball and carefully roll it into the pecan crumbs.
For the pumpkin stem, we’re using something a little more size appropriate – a bell pepper stem!
Slice a bell pepper stem off and press it into the top of your pumpkin shaped cheese ball for the final touch.
Enjoy this delicious fall appetizer with your favorite crackers!
- 16-oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces
- Add the softened cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat the cream cheese on medium speed until it is smooth– about 1 minute.
- Add the cheddar, parsley, garlic powder, and salt. Mix on low speed just until combined– make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap.
- Loosely tie the cheese ball with four pieces of kitchen twine, making sure to space them about 1” apart. You could also use rubber bands if you don’t have kitchen twine on hand. The goal is just to create small divots in the ball so be gentle!
- Transfer the cheese ball to the fridge and allow it to set for at least 4 hours (or up to overnight).
- When ready to serve, add the pecan pieces to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they are a fine crumb.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and gently roll it in the pecan pieces until completely covered. Garnish the top with a bell pepper stem, if desired.
- Serve the cheese ball with crackers or vegetables and enjoy. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 352 Sugar: 2 Fat: 33 Carbohydrates: 3 Fiber: 1 Protein: 10
Keywords: pumpkin cheese ball