This easy taco dip comes together in 3 steps and only takes 5 minutes to make! Grab some tortilla chips and enjoy this perfectly cheesy dip.
A Crowd Pleaser — Classic Taco Dip
Get dipping, friends! We all love bringing a good taco dip as a dish to pass, and today we’re sharing our classic taco dip recipe. We’re talking a cream cheesy and Greek yogurt layer perfectly flavored with taco seasoning and then topped with alllllll the fixings.
why you’ll love it
3 steps: all you need for this taco dip are 9 easy to find ingredients and 3 steps. Plus, we’re recommending a few easy ingredient swaps if you don’t have everything on hand.
No bake: all you need is a mixing bowl and a serving dish to make this amazing taco dip recipe. No baking or stove top required!
Quick appetizer: this recipe comes together in 10 minutes flat!
Taco Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese: this is the base of our dip -– make sure that is is fully softened so the greek yogurt incorporates smoothly.
- Greek yogurt: we love the tanginess that Greek yogurt adds to the dip. If you don’t have Greek yogurt on hand, sour cream will also work.
- Taco seasoning: we’re using the Fit Foodie Finds Homemade Taco Seasoning but a store bought taco packet will work, too!
- Fresh lime: we love the freshness and acidity that lime juice and zest bring to the dip.
- Cheddar cheese: freshly shredded is always our preference, but a bag of shredded cheddar will also work.
- Tomatoes: we’re using diced roma tomatoes, but any slicing tomato will also work.
- Iceberg lettuce: iceberg lettuce has its time and place, and taco dip is it!
- Avocado: we’re slicing it right on the top of this taco dip 😀
- Jalapeño: add a little heat with a freshly sliced jalapeño.
How to Make Taco Dip in 3 Steps
- Mix dip in a bowl: Add the softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, taco seasoning, lime zest, and lime juice to a large bowl, and mix mix mix.
- Spread in a serving dish: Transfer the dip base to your serving bowl and spread it evenly.
- Add toppings: Top with shredded cheddar cheese, iceberg lettuce, Roma tomatoes, avocado, and jalapeño and serve with tortilla chips.
How to soften cream cheese
Looking for a quick method to soften cream cheese? Check out our post – How to Soften Cream Cheese – 4 Ways! Here you’ll learn 4 unique (and quick!) methods to softening cream cheese the perfect amount for baking and cooking.
How to Serve Taco Dip
Serve this taco dip with tortilla chips as a fun appetizer or dish to pass.
Easy Substitutions & Additions
Make this taco dip your own with any of the following substitutions and / or additions:
Cheese: we top our taco dip with shredded cheddar cheese, but cotija, queso fresco or another Mexican cheese would also pair very well.
Greek yogurt: we love the tanginess that Greek yogurt adds to this taco dip, but if you prefer sour cream, that will absolutely work, too.
Olives: our taco dip recipe doesn’t call for sliced black olives, but you can definitely add a handful of them to the top layer of this taco dip!
Taco seasoning: we’re using Fit Foodie Finds’ homemade taco seasoning in this taco dip recipe, but a store-bought taco seasoning packet will also work.
Spice it up: love a spicy taco dip? When slicing your jalapeños, keep the seeds and add them to the cream cheese layer of your dip 😀
Transfer this taco dip into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 days, although this dip is best prepared and served in the same day.
Taco Dip Recipe
- 16 oz. 2 bricks cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Fit Foodie Finds Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 avocado seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- Add the softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, taco seasoning, lime zest, and lime juice to a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the dip base to your serving bowl and then top with shredded cheddar cheese, iceberg lettuce, Roma tomatoes, avocado, and jalapeño.
- Serve at room temperature with tortilla chips for dipping. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.