Make this gorgonzola chicken pasta salad with rotisserie chicken and a yummy homemade gorgonzola dressing that really pulls this dish together. Yum!
Chicken Pasta Salad with Gorgonzola
Our gorgonzola chicken pasta salad is made with a few simple ingredients but packs a ton of flavor. You’ll absolutely love our homemade gorgonzola dressing too 😀
why you’ll love it!
Deli salad made at home: love a good deli counter pasta salad? This tastes JUST LIKE one.
Delish homemade dressing: our easy gorgonzola dressing is perfectly tangy.
Jazz it up to your liking: we’re providing easy ingredient swaps if you don’t have everything on hand.
For the dressing
- Crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Sour cream
- Garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
For the salad
- Conchiglie pasta
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Fresh spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
How to Make Gorgonzola Chicken Pasta Salad
make salad dressing
Place all of the ingredients for the gorgonzola dressing into a medium-sized bowl and mix it all together.
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the noodles according to the package instructions, and strain and rinse the noodles with cold water.
Assemble pasta salad
Add the noodles, chicken, spinach, bacon, and tomatoes to a large-size bowl, and lightly toss. Then add the dressing mix to coat all of the salad ingredients in the dressing. Yum!
Refrigerate & Serve
Place the pasta salad in the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Easy Ingredient Swaps
Conchiglie pasta: choose your own adventure with the noodles in this pasta salad! We love the look of curly conchiglie pasta, but any noodle will do.
Gorgonzola dressing: If you don’t have time to make the homemade gorgonzola dressing, a store-bought blue cheese dressing will also work.
Cherry tomatoes: feel free to use any tomato you have on hand! Grape tomatoes or a larger variety of tomato sliced with the seeds removed are great alternatives.
Shredded rotisserie chicken: we love the simplicity of using a rotisserie chicken, but any shredded chicken will work.
This gorgonzola chicken pasta salad is an amazing side for any occasion — but we especially love it when we’re GRILLING. Our sister site, Fit Foodie Finds, has some great recipe pairings, including:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Feel free to toss in additional sliced tomatoes and fresh spinach to freshen up the pasta salad when serving as leftovers.
Gorgonzola Chicken Pasta Salad
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 oz. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 8 oz. dried conchiglie pasta or favorite pasta noodles
- 12 oz. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 8 strips cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Place all of the ingredients for the gorgonzola dressing into a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix until combine. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Strain and rinse the noodles with cold water.
- Add the noodles, chicken, spinach, bacon, and tomatoes to a large-size bowl. Lightly toss. Add the dressing to the pasta salad and mix to coat all of the salad ingredients in the dressing.
- Place the pasta salad in the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- The salad only needs to be refrigerated for step 3 if the dressing is being made at the same time. Make the dressing the day before and step 3 can be skipped.