These crispy parmesan crusted potatoes will be your new favorite way to give ordinary oven-roasted potatoes that extra flavor that’ll take them to the top! Potato halves are layered in a cheesy crust of melted parmesan and herb seasoning and baked to crispy perfection.
We’ve had our fair share of cheesy potato recipes here on The Chees Knees, but nothing as equally effortless and delicious as these parmesan crusted potatoes! The top of the potatoes get roasted atop a parmesan mixture of salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary and come out beautifully golden brown with a nice crispy crust.
This potatoes recipe is so easy to put together. Just cut your potatoes, coat them in olive oil, and make your parmesan crust. Then, spread the parmesan cheese mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet and place the potatoes on top before throwing them in the oven until you’ve got the perfect crispy, cheesy potatoes! You’re gonna be obsessed.
What You Need for Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
These crispy parmesan potatoes are made with fingerling potatoes, grated parmesan cheese, and seasonings. They have the perfect bite to them that is salty and makes a great side dish.
Variations and Substitutions
Fingerling potatoes: If you don’t have fingerling potatoes, baby potatoes and red potatoes work just as well! Just note the baking time may vary depending on size.
Seasoning: You’re welcome to use your favorite seasonings for this potato recipe. Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes are all tasty options!
Sauce & dips: Add even more flavor to your parmesan crusted potatoes and enjoy them with sour cream, ranch dressing, a homemade aioli sauce, or good ol’ ketchup.
Parmesan Cheese Recipes
Love parmesan cheese? Check out some of our very best recipes featuring parmesan cheese!
Storage + Freezer Directions
Store any leftover parmesan crusted potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. We recommend reheating them in the air fryer so they can crisp up again.
We don’t recommend freezing this recipe, as the potatoes will become soggy when reheated.
These parmesan crusted potatoes would taste outstanding with plenty of mains and sides. We highly recommend our Cream Cheese Chicken, The Best Juicy Lucy Recipe, and Cheez-It Breaded Chicken Fingers as flavorful proteins.
Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl and toss them will olive oil to coat. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the parmesan cheese, salt, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Pour the cheese mixture on top of the lined baking sheet. Place each potato, cut side down onto the cheese. Be sure to firmly press the potato into the cheese. Repeat until all the potatoes are used.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven when the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Let the potatoes rest for 5 minutes.
- Use a metal spatula to cut between every few potatoes to prepare to flip the potatoes over. Scoop under the parmesan cheese and flip the potatoes onto a serving platter, cheese side up.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips & Notes
- Store-bought, pre-grated parmesan cheese works best for this recipe.
- Baby red potatoes can be used in place of fingerling potatoes. The bake time may vary based on the size of the potatoes used.