Funfettip dip is made with funfetti cake mix, whipping cream, cream cheese, and sprinkles for the ultimate dessert dip!
Better than Fruit Dip –> Funfetti Cake Dip!
Think of funfetti dip like fruit dip, but better. This funfetti cake dip is made with an entire store-bought funfetti cake mix and a few other ingredients to leave you with a sprinkle-filled dip that you will love.
Feel free to dip animal crackers, graham crackers, or any kind of fruit in this sweet, sprinkly dessert.
Why you’ll love it!
- Easy to make
- Serves a crowd
- Perfect dessert
- Funfetti cake mix: any kind of vanilla funfetti cake mix works. We used the Pillsbury brand.
- Heavy whipping cream: heavy whipping cream is used to make whipped cream so that the dip comes out light and fluffy.
- Vanilla extract: vanilla adds extra flavor.
- Cream cheese: cream cheese makes this cake batter dip extra decadent.
- Salt: salt helps bring out the sweetness of the cake mix.
- Rainbow sprinkles: extra sprinkles because it is funfetti dip, after all!
How to soften cream cheese
Looking for a quick method to soften cream cheese? Check out our post – How to Soften Cream Cheese – 4 Ways! Here you’ll learn 4 unique (and quick!) methods to softening cream cheese the perfect amount for baking and cooking.
How to Make Funfetti Dip
Bake Cake Mix
Spread the funfetti cake mix out onto a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for around 5-7 minutes or until it reaches 160ºF. Set aside to cool.
It’s important to note that in order to be able to safely eat funfetti cake mix, you must bake the mix for around 5-7 minutes or until it reaches 160ºF to kill off any bacteria from the flour. This is an essential step not to be skipped!
Make Whipped Cream
Add whipped cream and vanilla to a bowl of a stand mixer and whip on high for 4-5 minutes until peaks form.
Whip Cream Cheese
Add cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip on high for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add the cooked cake mix, heavy cream, and salt to the cream cheese and mix to combine. Then, fold in the whipped cream. The texture should be thicker, but you can thin it out with more heavy whipping cream.
Transfer the dip into a bowl and sprinkle on extra sprinkles. Serve with your favorite dipping vessels such as animal crackers or fruit.
- Animal crackers
- Graham crackers
- Sliced apples
- Rice cakes
Fiunfetti dip is made from funfetti cake mix, cream cheese, whipped cream, vanilla, and rainbow sprinkles.
It is not recommended to eat funfetti cake mix raw because the raw flour could contain bacteria or salmonella. Make sure to cook the cake mix to at least 160ºF so that it’s safe to eat before making funfetti dip.
You can dip a variety of different things in cake batter dip such as animal crackers, graham crackers, apple slices, or strawberries.
Store the cake mix in an airtight container or Tupperware in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and pour the funfetti cake mix onto a baking sheet. Spread the cake mix out evenly. Place the cake mix in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cake mix reaches 160ºF. We bake the flour so we kill any bacteria that may be in the flour to avoid foodborne illness.
- Remove the flour from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Next, add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl for a standing mixer. Whip with a whisk attachment on medium speed until peaks form, about 4-5 minutes. Set the whipped cream aside.
- In a separate bowl for a standing mixer, add the cream cheese and whip it with the same whisk attachment until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked funfetti cake mix, 1 tablespoon of heavy cream, and salt to the cream cheese and beat on low until combined. If the mixture is too thick or crumbly add the last tablespoon of heavy cream.
- Once combined, fold the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and combine all of the ingredients together. The texture of the dip is a thicker cake batter.
- Transfer the funfetti dish to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle on rainbow sprinkles. Serve the funfetti dip with animal crackers and fruit.
Tips & Notes
- You can make this recipe gluten-free by using a gluten-free funfetti cake mix.
- In step #7 you want to try your best to fold the whipped cream and the cream cheese mixture together to keep it a bit light and fluffy, but it is ok to stir the mixture if you must.