These crab stuffed mushrooms are cheesy, creamy, and so delicious. Make these stuffed mushrooms for game day or any holiday gathering!
The BEST Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Let’s hear it for one of our favorite appetizers — stuffed mushrooms! Which is why we’re so excited to be sharing these CRAB stuffed mushrooms.
You’re going to absolutely love the flavors of these tender mushrooms stuffed with the perfect creamy crab filling and then baked to golden brown.
That’s right, we’re stuffing a delicious cream cheese and crab filling into beautiful mushrooms and baking them to perfection. A perfect appetizer, indeed!
why you’ll love ’em!
- Crowd-pleasing appetizer
- Quick and easy to make
- Crab: crab is the star of the show for these crab stuffed mushrooms. We’re used a pre-packaged crab product called Phillips Lump Crab. It’s easy to find and a lot less work than cooking your own crab. See below for more options.
- Cream cheese and mayo: these two products help make the filling for these stuffed mushrooms extra creamy.
- Spices: you’ll need garlic powder, paprika, thyme and salt.
- Cheese: we opted for shredded mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan. Feel free to sub for other cheeses with a similar flavor profile.
- Baby bella mushroom caps: we love both the flavor of baby bella mushrooms, and the size. Feel free to sub for while white mushrooms or any other medium-sized mushroom.
How to Make Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Prepare cheesy crab filling
Preheat the oven to 350℉. Place the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, and salt into a medium bowl and beat together using a hand mixer. Add the crab and mozzarella and mix until combined.
Fill each mushroom so they are overflowing with the filling — anywhere between 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. Top each mushroom with grated parmesan, and drizzle the butter over the top.
Bake & Serve!
Place the mushrooms on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately — yum!
WHAT KIND OF MUSHROOMS SHOULD I USE?
Our recipe for stuffed mushrooms calls for whole baby portabella mushrooms, but whole white mushrooms or any medium-size ‘shroom that has enough space in the tops for the cream cheese filling will work.
WHAT KIND OF CRAB CAN I USE FOR THIS?
You can use a variety of different crab products for this recipe.
- Real crab (from the butcher)
- Imitation crab
- Canned crab (we recommend Chicken of the Sea)
- Pre-packaged crab (this is what we used!)
Top Tips for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Baby bella mushrooms come in all shapes and sizes. You can always use smaller or larger mushrooms and distribute the filling accordingly.
Be gentle when removing the stems of the mushrooms so that you don’t create holes in the mushrooms.
Every oven is different so be sure you keep an eye on the mushrooms while they are under the broiler.
How to Serve Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
These mushrooms a perfect served as a savory appetizer or side dish. We recommend serving them right out of the oven 😀
How Many Does This Serve? Depends on how hungry you are! If serving as an appetizer, these crab stuffed mushrooms will serve 4-6.
While we recommend eating these crab stuffed mushrooms immediately after baking, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. cooked crab meat
- 2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese ~½ cup
- 1 lb. baby portabella mushroom caps
- 2 oz. grated parmesan cheese ½ cup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Place the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, and salt into a medium bowl and beat together using a hand mixer. Add the crab and mozzarella and mix until combined.
- Fill each mushroom so they are overflowing with the filling — anywhere between 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. Top each mushroom with 1-2 teaspoons of grated parmesan. Drizzle the butter over the top.
- Place the mushrooms on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Cheddar cheese could be used in place of mozzarella.
- These can be made ahead of time. Just assemble and refrigerate. Bake before serving.