Get ready for these bacon cheeseburgers in meatball form! These cheeseburger meatballs are a fun appetizer the whole burger loving family will love.
We <3 Cheeseburger Meatballs
Looking for cheeseburgers in appetizer form that are actually oh so easy to make? These cheeseburger meatballs ARE IT. We’ll walk you through how make a batch of these balls and you’ll be ready to serve them with your favorite burger toppings.
why you’ll love ’em!
Tastes JUST LIKE cheeseburgers
Easy crowd pleasing appetizer
Perfect to freeze for later
Ingredients for Cheeseburger Meatballs
- Ground beef: we used 85% beef.
- Bacon: you’ll be crumbling cooked bacon for these meatballs, which will allow every meatball to have bacon-y goodness.
- Onion: we’re mincing yellow onion, but feel free to use white onion or red onion if you prefer.
- Shredded cheddar cheese: feel free to sub for pepper jack or another spicy shredded cheese if you like thing hot!
- Ketchup and mustard: can’t have cheeseburger meatballs without the ketchup and mustard — it truly enhances the burger taste.
- Ritz crackers: we love crumbling up Ritz crackers in these cheeseburger meatballs! They serve as an alternative to bread crumbs and help bind the meatballs together.
- Butter: butter adds amazing flavor and moisture to these meatballs.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper
How to Make Cheeseburger Meatballs
These cheeseburger meatballs are as easy as 1-2-3-4! Here’s what you need to do:
Preheat & prep
Preheat the oven to 450℉, and spray two baking sheets heavily with cooking spray.
Prepare Meatball Ingredients
Place a skillet over medium/high heat and add the butter and minced onion, and sauté until the onions are a dark golden brown color.
Add the ritz crackers into a large food storage bag and crush them until it looks like bread crumbs.
Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined.
Using a small cookie scoop, and scoop out the meatball mixture roll into a ball. Then, place them onto a baking sheet pan.
Bake & Enjoy!
Bake for 12 minutes. Serve with any of your favorite cheeseburger sauces.
Top Tips for Cheeseburger Meatballs
- Prevent sticking: It is very important that you spray or oil the baking sheets heavily so the meatballs don’t stick.
- Spice ’em up: Swap pepper jack cheese for the cheddar cheese to give the meatballs a little kick.
- Don’t skip the toppings: dip these cheeseburger meatballs in all your fave burger toppings like ketchup, mustard and mayo. Top ’em with pickle slices, diced onion and more cheese!
Can You Double This Recipe?
Yes! This is a great recipe to double or triple if you’re looking to serve apps to a larger group of people.
To store these cheeseburger meatballs, let them cool completely and then place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To freeze these meatballs, we recommend freezing them already cooked. Let them cool completely and then place in a freezer safe bag. Store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
Lookin’ for more meatballs?! You’ll love our cream cheese sausage balls.
How to Reheat Cheeseburger Meatballs
These cheeseburger meatballs reheat incredibly well! Remove the meatballs from the refrigerator.
Simply place the meatballs in a baking pan, and cover with tin foil. Reheat at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, or until heated through. Top with your favorite burger toppings and serve immediately!
In the oven: Place the frozen meatballs in a casserole dish and drizzle them with olive oil. Cover them with tin foil and bake them at 350ºF and bake for 20-30 minutes.
In the slow cooker: Add the meatballs to a slow cooker and add 1-2 tablespoons of broth to the slow cooker. Cook them on low for 2-3 hours.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ medium yellow onion minced
- ½ cup ritz crackers ~12-15 crackers
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef 85%
- 6 pieces cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese ~1 cup
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Place a skillet over medium/high heat and add the butter and minced onion. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. The onions should be a dark golden brown color. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450℉. Spray two baking sheets heavily with cooking spray.
- Add the ritz crackers into a large food storage bag and crush them until it looks like bread crumbs.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, about 1.5 tablespoons, scoop out the meatball mixture roll into a ball. Then, place them onto a baking sheet pan.
- Bake at 450ºF for 12 minutes.
- Serve with any of your favorite cheeseburger sauces.
Tips & Notes
- It is very important you spray or oil the baking sheets heavily so the meatballs don’t stick.
- Swap pepper jack cheese for the cheddar cheese to give the meatballs a little kick.