With this easy buffalo chicken pasta salad, you’ll get all the spicy, tangy flavors of the beloved sauce but in a deliciously creamy pasta salad that is seriously delish.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
Those who love great pasta salads will ADORE this buffalo chicken salad. The salad is filled with tender noodles, juicy chicken, and crisp veggies and then doused in an ultra-creamy and spicy buffalo sauce that will make your eyes roll into the back of your head (we know from experience!).
In addition to the classic spicy flavor we all love, this recipe adds a creamy element with ranch dressing and Greek yogurt, and a crunchy element with freshly chopped celery and red and green onions. It’s one of those instant favorite potluck recipes that’ll be asked about on repeat.
why you’ll love it!
- The cooking process is ridiculously simple.
- The creamy, tangy buffalo flavor of the dressing is mouthwatering!
- Tastes even better the next day.
- It even wins picky eaters over!
Buffalo Pasta Salad Main Ingredients
- Penne pasta: any chunky pasta will do, but we love the taste and texture of penne with the dressing.
- Chicken: make sure you set aside time to cook and shred your chicken before making this recipe!
- Celery: celery adds a fresh element to the salad while also delivering an ultra-satisfying crunch.
- Red onion: the pungent red onion really cuts into the spiciness, deepening the flavor of this tasty dish.
- Green onions: adds a pop of color, flavor, and texture that take this pasta salad to the next level.
- Blue cheese crumbles: blue cheese and buffalo sauce are a classic combination that is truly addictive!
- Ranch dressing: ranch dressing helps get the sauce nice and creamy.
- Frank’s Red Hot sauce: the star of the show, Frank’s Red Hot is a must for this recipe!
- Greek yogurt: another ingredient that adds a bit of creaminess and tang.
- Paprika: the ultimate spice for buffalo wings, paprika kicks everything up a notch.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Then cook your pasta according to package instructions for about 10 Minutes. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the ranch dressing, hot sauce, greek yogurt, and paprika. Mix until well combined.
MIX IT ALL TOGETHER
Next, add the cooked pasta and remaining ingredients to the bowl with the creamy buffalo sauce, tossing to combine.
SERVE + ENJOY
This can be served immediately. However, the longer it sits, the more the flavors will develop. Enjoy your delicious buffalo chicken pasta salad recipe!
Easy Ingredient Swaps
- Penne pasta: choose your own adventure with the noodles in this pasta salad! We love using penne pasta for this recipe, but any chunky noodle will do.
- Ranch dressing: not a fan of ranch? Use blue cheese dressing instead! It’ll still give the pasta salad the creaminess it needs.
- Veggies: you could easily swap out or add veggies to this recipe. We recommend diced red peppers or shredded carrots!
- Shredded chicken breast: we cooked our own chicken breast for this recipe, but you could save time and hassle by using a store-bought rotisserie chicken instead!
This buffalo chicken pasta salad makes for a super tasty side dish, whether it’s for a simple dinner at home or a summer cookout.
Our sister site, Fit Foodie Finds, has some amazing BBQ-inspired recipes that would perfectly complement this easy pasta salad recipe, including:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Feel free to toss in additional chicken, veggies, cheese, and spices to freshen up the pasta salad when serving as leftovers.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 12 oz. shredded chicken breast
- 2 large celery stalks diced
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 5 oz. blue cheese crumbles ~1.5 cups
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup Frank’s red hot sauce
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 teaspoons paprika
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions for about 10 Minutes. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ranch dressing, hot sauce, greek yogurt, and paprika. Mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the sauce and toss to combine.
Tips & Notes
- This can be served immediately but is even better if it sits for a few hours.
- Any chunky noodle can be used in this recipe.