Seriously this Baked Brie with Fig Jam is going to be your new go-to Baked Brie in Puffed Pastry recipe. It’s so flavorful and delicious.
Whip up a fancy appetizer in less than an hour. You’ll have your guests asking where you picked this baked brie up from, but really, you made it in your own kitchen!
What is baked brie? Baked brie refers to a wheel of brie cheese wrapped in a piece of puff pastry and baked until melty and warm.
We love baked brie because it’s an easy-to-like appetizer that is versatile in so many ways. If you’ve never had baked brie with fig jam, you are 100% missing out!
Slather your wheel if brie cheese with fig jam, sprinkle on some walnuts, wrap it in puff pastry and you’re ready to get bakin’!
What You Need – 5 Ingredients
- Puff pastry – this recipe calls for 1 sheet of puff pastry. Typically puff pastry comes in sheets of 2, so use one and save the other! We used the Pepperidge Farm brand.
- Wheel of brie – oh, the star of the show! Brie cheese is light and smooth and easy to love. Brie cheese can vary in size, so try and get a wheel around 8 oz.
- Fig jam – fig jam is absolutely delicious paired with baked brie. Feel free to use any flavor of jam you’d like, but we highly recommend fig!
- Walnuts – A few walnuts in this appetizer add really great texture. Feel free to either omit or use pecans instead.
- Egg – last but not least, the egg wash. Don’t skip this step because it’s going to help get your puff pastry nice and crispy on the outside.
How to Make Baked Brie (step by step)
Step 1: Roll out puff pastry
First things first, preheat your oven to 400ºF and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, dust your countertop with flour so that your puff pastry doesn’t stick. Dust your rolling pin and then roll out your sheet of puff pastry so that it’s a 10-inch square.
We used a handy dandy ruler to measure out square. If you don’t have one, don’t fret! It doesn’t have to be perfect.
Step 2: Jam + Walnuts
Place your wheel if brie cheese in the center of the puff pastry and then spoon on the fig jam. Then, sprinkle on chopped walnuts.
Get creative with your baked brie flavors. Instead of fig jam, try a different flavor such as apricot or date. Don’t have walnuts? Use pecans, pistachios, or omit all together.
Step 3: Fold + Brush
Fold the edges of puff pastry in towards the center so that your brie is wrapped completely in puff pastry.
Use a brush to paint on the whisked egg to the top of the puff pastry. This will help it turn a beautiful golden brown color.
Step 4: Bake
Transfer your brie to the baking sheet and then bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry turns golden brown.
What to Serve with Baked Brie
While you can totally rip a piece of the puff pastry off and use that to scoop up your baked brie, you can also serve this delicious appetizer with other things. Here are some ideas:
- apple slices
- Italian bread
Whatever you do, don’t throw out your baked brie with fig jam! You can totally save it for later.
Let baked brie cool completely. Then, transfer it into an airtight container or gallon-size size bag. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.
How to Reheat
To reheat, transfer chilled baked brie onto a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 60-90 seconds.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 large brie wheel (~ 8 oz.)
- ⅓ cup fig jam
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, lightly dust a flat counter top with flour and lay out the puff pastry sheet onto the flour.
- Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll out the puff pastry to a 10-inch square. It does not have to be exact, just close!
- Place the brie in the center of the square and carefully spread the fig jam over the top of the brie wheel and then sprinkle the walnuts over the fig jam.
- Next, fold in each corner of puff pastry so that the brie is wrapped completely in puff pastry.
- Transfer the baked brie to the lined baking sheet and brush the whole pastry with egg wash.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the brie for 20 minutes at 400ºF or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove the baked brie from the oven and slice the brie into small pieces and enjoy. Be careful, the brie will be hot but delicious!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 294 Sugar: 1 Fat: 20 Carbohydrates: 13 Fiber: 1 Protein: 8
Keywords: baked brie with fig jam