The perfect bagel breakfast sandwich is made with a slightly toasted bagel, eggs, bacon, cream cheese (of course), and some kind of veggie. Make a batch and freeze them for later.
Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
Bagel sandwiches are always a good idea. These bagel breakfast sandwiches are the perfect breakfast for a big group of people or great for freezing for later.
Why you’ll love it!
- Bagel sandwiches are an easy breakfast to make for the whole family.
- You can freeze bagel breakfast sandwiches for later.
- They are an easy breakfast to make your own.
- You can switch up the type of bagel that you use.
- Bagels: change up the flavor of your breakfast sandwich by switching up what type of bagel you use. These bagel breakfast sandwiches are made with everything bagels, but any bagel will do.
- Protein: the ultimate breakfast protein is bacon but you can use your favorite sausage patty, too.
- Cheese: when it comes to bagel breakfast sandwiches, cheese is a must. A slice of cheddar cheese, Monterey jack, or Swiss cheese.
- Cream cheese: the sauce for this bagel breakfast sandwich is cream cheese. It makes it creamy and so delicious.
How to Make Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches
Make sure to scroll all the way down to the recipe card to get the full ingredient list and written recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and then spread the bagel halves on one baking sheet and brush them with butter. On a separate baking sheet, lay the bacon out so they strips of bacon are not overlapping.
- Place both of the baking sheets in the oven and bake the bagels for 15 minutes and the bacon for 20-25 minutes. Set both aside.
- While the bagels and bacon are baking, prepare the eggs. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the salt and pepper and whisk once more. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. When the butter has melted, add the whisked eggs and cook for 5-10 minutes stirring often.
- Spread the cream cheese out on one bagel half and then assemble the bagel sandwiches (scroll down for more details).
- Option to buy already seasoned bagels rather than plain bagels.
- We used everything but the bagel seasoning, Italian seasoning, and granulated garlic on top of our bagels. You can really use any combination you like.
- You can replace the bacon with sausage patties or vegetarian sausage.
- Feel free to add more fixing to the bagel sandwich. Sauteed bell peppers, avocados, onion, spinach, or any other vegetables would be great additions to the sandwich.
For meal prep for the week, assemble the sandwiches leaving out the fresh greens. Then, wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and place the sandwich in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Add the fresh greens to the sandwich right before eating.
To freeze skip the cream cheese and the fresh greens. Assemble the sandwiches and wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap. Freeze them for up to 3 months.
To reheat the sandwiches remove the from the freezer and reheat them in the microwave.
Bagel Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 12 slices uncooked bacon thick cut
- 6 plain presliced bagels
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 2.5 teaspoons seasonings everything bagel seasoning, Italian seasoning, etc.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and line a baking sheet with tin foil and place a metal rack on it. Lay the bacon across the top of the metal rack making sure they are not overlapping and set aside. Spray a second baking sheet with cooking spray and place the bagels on it.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and use a pastry brush to brush the butter on top of the bagels. Sprinkle the bagel seasoning on top. Place both baking sheets in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Depending on bacon thickness, you may need to add 5-10 more minutes.
- While the bagels and bacon are baking, crack and whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the salt and pepper and whisk once more.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. When the butter has melted, add the whisked eggs and cook for 5-10 minutes stirring often.
- To assemble the sandwiches spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on the bottom of the bagel. Add ⅙ of the scrambled eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and 1 slice of cheese. Top with the top of the bagel
- Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Option to buy already seasoned bagels rather than plain bagels. We used everything but the bagel seasoning, Italian seasoning, and granulated garlic on top of our bagels. You can really use any combination you like. You can replace the bacon with sausage patties or vegetarian sausage.
- Feel free to add more fixings to the bagel sandwich. Sauteed bell peppers, avocados, onion, spinach, or any other vegetables would be great additions to the sandwich.
- To freeze these skip the cream cheese and add them after you have reheated them. To reheat, use the microwave. The oven made the bagel too hard.