Why have traditional meatloaf when you can have these fun meatloaf muffins? Not only does this great recipe cut the cooking time in half, but it’s got all the classic comfort food flavors that the whole family will love. It’s meaty, cheesy, and packed with savory flavor!
When the craving for comfort food and a quick, easy dinner comes a-knockin’, these tender meatloaf muffins are a perfect go-to recipe. I loaded this meatloaf muffin recipe with a mixture of lean ground beef, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire, BBQ sauce, ketchup, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar to keep things classic but in muffin form. They’re cute and delicious, and you won’t have to wait long before it’s dinner time!
To make them, simply create your meatloaf mixture in a large bowl and scoop them into the muffin cups in your muffin pan. From there, all that’s left to do is add your sauce, bake, and enjoy!
What You Need to Make Meatloaf Muffins
You will need a muffin tin and muffin liners to make these meatloaf muffins. Other than that, the featured ingredients are 85% ground beef, ketchup, cheese, and mustard.
Meatloaf Muffins Variations
- Ground beef: You’re welcome to use ground turkey and make turkey meatloaf muffins instead.
- Cheddar cheese: Monterey Jack or pepper jack would be great subs for the cheddar.
- Make It Spicy: Give your meatloaf muffin recipe a bit of a kick by adding chopped jalapenos to the muffin mixture.
Storage + Freezer Directions
Store any leftover easy meatloaf muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To freeze, place muffins in a freezer-safe, airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Cheddar Cheese Recipes
Looking for more recipes with cheddar cheese? Check out our cheesy collection of cheddar cheese recipes.
If you didn’t know already, creamy soup is basically meatloaf’s best friend, and nothin’ goes better with these meatloaf muffins than this delicious Beer Cheese Soup. Mmm. So cheesy.
And finally, make this recipe the backyard cookout of your dreams and eat these meatloaf muffins with our famous Dill Pickle Pasta Salad. Yes, it’s exactly what you’re tastebuds are imagining.
- 1.5 lbs. 85% ground beef
- ½ small white onion grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese cubed into 12 cubes
- ½ cup bbq sauce any kind
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl add the ground beef, onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and milk. Using your hands mix until well combined.
- Scoop out about ⅓ cup of the meatloaf mixture and roll it into a ball. Push 1 cube of cheese into the center of the ball and form the meat around the cheese so that it is completely covered.
- Place each completed stuffed meatloaf into the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, add the bbq sauce, ketchup, dijon, and brown sugar. Mix to combine. Brush the top of each meatloaf with the sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Monterey Jack or pepperjack would be great subs for the cheddar.