Cannoli dip is an easy way to serve a crowd classic cannoli ingredients and flavors. We like to serve our cannoli dip with waffle cone pieces, and cookie or cracker will do.
Easy Cannoli Dip
Not only is this cannoli dip so delicious, but it is also ready in minutes, MINUTES. It is an easy dessert to whip up in a hurry. Serve this cannoli dip at your next holiday or keep in the fridge for a fun dessert.
Why you’ll love it!
- It’s creamy, cheesy, and sweet.
- This cannoli dip is easy to make ahead of time.
- There are many different things you can dip in this cannoli dip.
- Cream cheese: softened cream cheese gives this dip body.
- Ricotta cheese: you can’t have cannoli dip without ricotta.
- Powdered sugar: the sweetness in this dip comes from powdered sugar and also helps to thicken it up.
- Chocolate chips + pistachio: we stuck with traditional cannoli toppings for the mix-ins for this dip. Feel free to swap out for chocolate chunks or different chunks.
- Waffle cones: instead of wrapping cannoli filling in a waffle cone or fried pastry dough, we dip. Even better, we buy the waffle cones and break them up. Feel free to make waffles, and waffle cones, or use any cookie.
How to soften cream cheese
Looking for a quick method to soften cream cheese? Check out our post – How to Soften Cream Cheese – 4 Ways! Here you’ll learn 4 unique (and quick!) methods to soften cream cheese to the perfect amount for baking and cooking.
How to Make Cannoli Dip
Prepare the ingredients
The key to making this cannoli dip work right away (and quickly) is to make sure your cream cheese is soft and ready to mix in. If you use cold cream cheese your dip will end up with clumps.
Mix everything together
Use an electric mixer to mix the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips together on low.
Transfer the dip to a bowl and top with crushed pistachios and more chocolate chips.
Cannoli dip is made with ricotta cheese, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and mix-ins.
If your cannoli dip is runny, you can add more powdered sugar or more softened cream cheese. Add a little at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
Latest Cream Cheese Desserts
No posts found.
Store this cannoli dip in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. You may need to let it sit out for about 15 minutes and then remix it with an electric mixer to make it creamy again.
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- 7 oz. waffle cones broken
- Place the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a large bowl and mix using a hand mixer.
- Transfer cannoli dip to a serving bowl top with pistachios and more chocolate chips and serve with broken waffle cones
Tips & Notes
- This is a basic cannoli filling. It can be adjusted in many ways. Add 1 tablespoon of orange zest, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, or swap the vanilla extract for peppermint or almond extract. Crushed pistachios are a great garnish option.
- This is a great dip to make on the fly or to make a day ahead of time.