Watermelon Feta Salad
This watermelon feta mint salad recipe is bursting with flavors from fresh watermelon, blueberries, mint, basil, and feta cheese.
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 0 minutes
Total 20 minutes
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon flaked salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4.5 cups cubed watermelon seeded and rind removed
- ¼ medium red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup fresh basil ripped
- ½ cu fresh mint ripped
- ⅓ cup pistachios chopped
- 6- oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Add the chili powder, flaked salt, and black pepper in a small bowl and mix. Set aside.
Place the cubed watermelon on a serving dish or in a bowl and season with 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture.
Next, sprinkle the red onion, blueberries, fresh basil, fresh mint, and pistachios evenly over the watermelon.
Lastly, sprinkle the feta, lemon zest, and the remaining spices over the salad.
Taste the salad to make sure there is enough salt and enjoy immediately.
- Because watermelon has a lot of water, be sure to eat this salad immediately. The salt will draw out the water and make all of the ingredients mushy if not eaten right away.
- We do not recommend preparing this salad beforehand.
- Feel free to use any nut you’d like in place of pistachios.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g