Cheese and Beef Taquitos
Make these cheese and beef taquitos in the air fryer or pan fry on the stovetop with just 4 ingredients in less than 30 minutes. They're absolutely delicious!
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 8 minutes
Total 18 minutes
- ¼ lb. ground beef
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3 6 inch corn tortillas
- 3 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup of canola or vegetable oil for pan frying
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the ground beef to the skillet and break the beef up into small pieces. Sprinkle the ground beef with the taco seasoning. Allow the ground beef to cook for 5-7 minutes or until fully cooked.
Line a large plate with a paper towel and add the ground beef to the plate. Set the beef aside.
Next, place the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 10-15 seconds. This will help so the tortilla doesn't break while rolling.
To assemble the taquitos, add 1 tablespoon of ground beef and 1-2 tablespoons of the cheese in the center of a tortilla and tightly roll it up.
Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray and place the taquitos seam side down in the basket. Then, spray the taquitos with the cooking spray.
Air fry at 400ºF for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
Garnish and serve immediately.
To pan fry the taquitos, heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add canola oil.
Place the taquitos seam side down and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, flip and fry the other side for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Or until golden brown.
Remove the taquitos from the skillet, placing them on a paper towel to drain the oil. Garnish and serve immediately.
- Air fried was definitely the easiest way to cook these, and it also made for less clean up.
- If you want to make this a vegetarian taquito we recommend refried beans. If you would like to use whole beans, give them a little mash so they won’t come rolling out during cooking.
- If you would like to make this with just cheese, instead of shredding the cheese, cut cheese into thick strips. Roughly half the size of a cheese stick.
Calories: 672kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 38g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g