Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
Delicious buffalo chicken grilled cheese is made with just 7 ingredients and in less than 30 minutes! Enjoy.
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
Total 20 minutes
- ½ cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 8 oz. cooked shredded chicken (~2 cups)
- 1- oz blue cheese crumbles ~1 tablespoon
- 4 slices white sandwich bread
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
In a small saucepan add 2 tablespoons of butter and heat over medium heat until melted.
Slowly pour hot sauce into the saucepan, whisking constantly until combined.
Remove from heat and let cool.
Once cooled, add shredded chicken and blue cheese crumbles and set aside.
Spread ½ tablespoons of butter onto each side of each slice of bread.
To build the two sandwiches lay two pieces of bread on your work surface. Place 1 slice of pepper jack cheese onto each slice of bread. Then add 1 cup of the buffalo chicken to each. Top with 1 more slice of pepper jack and red onion and the second slice of bread.
Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat.
Add one, or both sandwiches if there is space, to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Flip the grilled cheese and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Serve with blue cheese dressing.
- The buffalo sauce does not need to be cold. You just want it to be cool enough to not burn yourself if you use your hands to put on the bread.
- If you want it less spicy you can use another base cheese. Mozzarella would be a nice sub to cool it down.
- You can also omit blue cheese if you don’t like it.
- The thin slices of red onion add sweetness to the sandwich once they are cooked.
Calories: 715kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 51g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g