- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8-oz. feta cheese, cut into cubes (crumbled feta works, too)
- 4-oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over low/medium heat. Add sliced red onion, garlic, and salt.
- Cook over low/medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until translucent and caramelized.
- Once caramelized, set aside.
Whipped Feta Dip
- Place feta cheese, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice in a high-speed food processor.
- Process on high for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides until smooth.
- Option to eat whipped feta dip cold or warm it up. We prefer warming it up for creamy, hot goodness.
- To heat it up, preheat the oven to 400ºF. Transfer feta dipped into a small, greased baking dish (we used the small cast iron pan from the onions). Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
- Once the sides begin to bubble, remove it from the oven. You want to make sure you don’t burn it. Stir the bubbled-sides into the rest of the dip.
- Then, add olive oil for garnish and caramelized onions. Serve with crostinis, veggies, chips, or crackers.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 226 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 537 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 0 Protein: 8 Cholesterol: 46
Category: AppetizersMethod: Food ProcessorCuisine: American
Keywords: whipped feta dip