- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced into thirds
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ medium red onion, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt, separated
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry (THIS is the one we used)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 8-oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (+more for garnish)
- Optional topping: balsamic reduction (THIS is the glaze we used)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Then, place the tomatoes, red onion, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Next, lightly dust a flat counter top with flour and lay out the puff pastry sheet onto the flour.
- Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll out the puff pastry to a 9×13-inch thin crust. It does not have to be exact, just close!
- Transfer the puff pastry to the baking sheet and carefully fold the edges of the puff pastry in 1-inch, creating a crust for the tart.
- Then, take a knife and score along the folded edge of the puff pastry, trying not to cut all the way through to the baking sheet.
- Take a fork and poke small holes in the center of the tart so that the middle doesn’t puff during the bake time.
- Lastly, brush the puff pastry with an egg wash.
- Place the puff pastry in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking mix the cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and fresh thyme into a bowl until creamed and combined.
- Remove the crust from the oven and carefully spread the cream cheese mixture in the center of the tart.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tomatoes and onion into a sieve and drain excess liquid from the vegetables.
- Evenly spread the tomatoes and onion out over the cream cheese.
- Top with fresh thyme and optional balsamic glaze.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 435 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 674 Fat: 37 Carbohydrates: 19 Fiber: 1 Protein: 9 Cholesterol: 109
Category: AppetizersMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: easy tomato tart