- 10–12 large jalapeños, stems cut off and seeded
- 10–12 slices of bacon
- ½ cup white shredded cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 5-oz. cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Then, lay a piece of paper towel onto a plate. Set aside.
- Spread the jalapeños out on the baking sheet and place them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Lay the bacon across a separate baking sheet. When there is 10 minutes left on the bake time for the jalapeños, place the bacon in the oven and let it bake for the remaining 10 minutes with the jalapeños.
- Remove the jalapenos and the bacon from the oven.
- Place the partially cooked bacon on top of the paper towel covered plate.
- To prepare the cheese filling, add the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Separate the cream cheese mixture into 10-12 cream cheese balls (or however many jalapenos you have).
- Carefully roll a cream cheese ball into a cylinder shape and stuff it into a jalapeno
- Then, wrap the jalapeno with a piece partially cooked of bacon. To wrap the jalapeno in bacon, place the end of the bacon over the opening of the jalapeno and then wrap the rest of the bacon around the jalapeno and secure it with a toothpick (see photo). Place the jalapeno popper on the backing sheet. Repeat until all jalapenos are wrapped in bacon.
- Place the jalapeno poppers in the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 104 Sugar: 1 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 4
Category: AppetizerMethod: OvenCuisine: American