- 8–10 flour tortillas, cut in half
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1–2 tablespoons water
- 20-oz. Pico de Gallo (I save time and use store-bought)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- Optional topping: guacamole
- Optional topping: sour cream
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain any excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and paprika, plus a tablespoon or two of water to help coat the ground beef with the spices.
- In a medium saucepan, begin preparing the cheese sauce by melting the butter over medium heat.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, whisking gently to combine,
- Add 2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese, whisking until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and begin layering the taco lasagna. Start with a single layer of flour tortillas, then top with about 1/3 of the ground beef.
- Top the ground beef with 1/3 of the cheese sauce and then sprinkle some of the pico de gallo on top of the cheese sauce.
- Place another layer of flour tortillas on top of the pico and repeat the layers until you reach the top of the pan (or run out of ingredients).
- Top with the remaining cup of shredded cheese,
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese on top is hot and bubbling.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole, if desired.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 461 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 737 Fat: 35 Carbohydrates: 21 Fiber: 3 Protein: 20 Cholesterol: 121
Category: CasseroleMethod: OvenCuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Taco Lasagna