- 4–6 quarts of water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb. rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24-oz. jar of marinara sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water and then add rigatoni. Boil pasta for about 8 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and then place the pasta back in the pot. Drizzle on 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Use the last tablespoon of olive oil to coat the bottom and sides of the 10-inch springform pan.
- Now, assemble your rigatoni pie. Line the entire springform pan with rigatoni, making sure that the pasta is snug.
- Sprinkle about a third of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the rigatoni. Then, pour the pasta sauce over the cheese and top with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Carefully transfer the springform pan to a baking sheet and then bake at 350ºF for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese on top is golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Run a knife along the edge of the pan to loosen any cheese and pasta that may be sticking. Carefully remove the ring and garnish with basil, if desired.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 589 Sugar: 12 Fat: 23 Carbohydrates: 73 Fiber: 6 Protein: 30
Category: PastaMethod: OvenCuisine: Italian