- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups white all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 6-oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a medium size bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese and butter to a standing mixer (a hand held mixer would work too) and beat on medium/high until the cream cheese and butter are creamed and smooth.
- Add the sugar to the butter and cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add the egg to the creamed mixture and beat on low until the egg is combined in with the rest of the ingredients. Be careful not to over beat the egg!
- Finally, slowly start adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add about 1/3 cup of the dry ingredients to the mixer. When the flour is mixed into the cream cheese mixture, add another 1/3 cup of the dry ingredients. Repeat until all of the dry ingredients are gone.
- Finally, use a large cookie scoop and scoop out the cookie dough onto the greased baking sheet. Do not press the cookies down flat. These cookies are meant to be light, fluffy, and a bit dome-shaped!
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake at 350ºF for 9-11 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, add all the ingredients for the maple glaze into a bowl and mix with a spoon until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let the cool for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, glaze your cookies by dipping the top of each cookie into the maple glaze. Dip the top half of the cookie into the glaze. Carefully shake any access glaze from the cookie and then place the cookie on a cooling rack to dry. Repeat.
Tips & Notes
- nutrition information is for 14 cookies
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 cookie Calories: 257 Sugar: 23 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 37 Fiber: 1 Protein: 3
Category: DessertMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: cream cheese cookies